22

It was two days before Christmas

It was two days before Christmas. You were at your apartment, trying to close your suitcase. But, you had packed too much. Spencer walked into your room laughing. "We're only going for a week and a half, how much are you packing?"

"Spencer!" You whined. He laughed harder, walking behind you.

"Sit on it," he ordered. You climbed on top of it, Spencer zipping it shut. "There we go. Over-packed and ready to go," he teased. You made a face, kissing his cheek.

"When's our flight again?"

"Three hours, we should be going soon," Spencer replied. You nodded and stood up, picking up the suitcase.

"All ready!" You joked. He shook his head and wrapped his arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his side. He softly kissed the side of your head, rubbing your shoulder.

"I hope your family likes me Y/N," he whispered. You turned in his arms, tilting your head upwards. "They're going to love you, I promise. Now come along, don't want to miss our flight." Spencer nodded, reaching for your suitcase. You frowned.

"Listen sir, you stop trying to be my knight in shining armor. Your knee is injured, I'm not letting you do anything," you scolded, opening the door. "And don't give me that face, it won't work."

Spencer frowned and walked out of the apartment, you locking the door behind you. He insisted on driving, saying that it was one thing he could do with an injured leg. You relented, mostly because it was the holidays, but also because he had convinced you when you were half asleep in his arms. That sly little bastard, he knew how to make to do anything he wanted.

You got to the airport and Spencer waltz through security, flashing his FBI badge. He pulled you though with him, saying something about being his wife. You raised an eyebrow at him, causing him to blush. "Moving a little fast, arent we Dr. Reid?" you teased.

"Oh my god, Y/N!" he complained. "If I say we're married, you get to breeze through security with me. I didn't want to have to split up."

You grinned, reaching up and kissing his cheek quickly. "Wouldn't want you to leave me, ever," you murmured, lacing your fingers with his. He looked at you with a look you hadn't seen in his eyes before.

"Wouldn't dream of it. Should we go to the gate?" You nodded, walking with Spencer to your gate. Twenty minutes later, they called for priority boarding. Spencer stood up, holding his hand out for you.

"What are you doing? They called for first class?" you asked, looking at him in confusion.

"My intelligent girl, did you not read the boarding pass?" He said with a smile. You stood up, Spencer putting his arm around you waist.

"Spencer Reid, stop spoiling me," you muttered, causing Spencer to snort.

"Never," he muttered, kissing your forehead.

Two hours later, you landed and entered the airport. "Y/N, what if they don't like me?" Spencer asked in a soft whisper. You looked up at him, worry filling his eyes and cupped his cheek.

"Spence, what's not to like?" You replied, ruffling his hair.

"I slouch, my hair's too long, my tie's perpetual crooked," he rambled. You grinned, cutting him off with a kiss.

"Your tie's fine and I love your hair, especially when I get to run my fingers though it," you said gently, causing Spencer to grin. "But, you do have the posture of an earthworm," you teased, eliciting a frown from him.** "It just makes it easier to kiss you, I'm not complaining."

"Let's go meet your family, as I recall, they don't like tardiness."

"And you thought they wouldn't like you?" Spencer shook his head at you, holding your hand and getting onto the elevator. You exited the airport, seeing your mom and dad waiting outside in their car. You smiled and ran into your mom's arms. "I missed you," you whispered, hugging her tightly. She held back tears as she wrapped her arms around you.

"My sweet girl, welcome home," she muttered into your hair. You pulled away and looked at your dad who had his arms crossed with a vacant expression. You raised an eyebrow at him as a smile broke across his face. He opened his arms, welcoming you into a hug.

"I missed you pumpkin," he whispered.

"Dad, I literally saw you last week when you had your conference in Virginia," you teased.

"A week is 7 days. That's 7 days since I last saw you, which, in my books, is 7 days too long," he teased. You rolled your eyes.

"Mom, dad, this is Dr. Spencer Reid," you said, turning and motioning for him to come closer. Your mom smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. Your dad held out his hand for a handshake. You saw Spencer hesitate before meeting his hand.

You smiled, thinking about how he was doing this for you. You knew he was uncomfortable, you had told him he didn't need to do anything he didn't want. But, he did it because he loved you.

After introductions, you piled into the car, your hand resting on Spencer's knee as you sat in the back seat. You arrived at your childhood home 20 minutes later. Spencer got out and held the door open for you. You smiled and kissed his cheek before grabbing your suitcase and going inside. Spencer blushed lightly, following you.

You opened the door and were tackled by a blur of green and black. You looked up to see Lola, your best friend, grinning at you. "Mon Amis, I have missed you," she shrieked, pulling you off of the ground.

"Lola!" You yelled, hugging her immediately. "How was Paris? Meet any cute French boys? Please tell me you brought me back macarons."

Lola smiled and picked up a bag next to the door. "As if I would forget," she said, handing it to you. You grinned and reached into the bag, seeing your favorite flavors.

"You're too good to me," you muttered. Lola smiled and raised an eyebrow, looking behind you.

"Is this the boyfriend?" she asked, smiling. You nodded, blushing lightly.

"Lola, meet Spencer. Spencer, this is my best friend of 19 years, Lola."

"Would've been 21 years had we not been enemies for our first 2 years," Lola joked, throwing her arm around your shoulder. "Anyway, welcome to Providence Spencer. Get ready for what we call a Christmas extravaganza," she joked, pulling you into the kitchen. You looked back at Spencer and smiled, him giving you a worried look in response.

"Come on Spence, it's Christmas cookie time," you said, reaching out for his hand. He lifted a corner of his mouth, lacing his fingers with yours.

"What did I get myself into by saying yes?" He whispered. You rolled your eyes and pulled him along, excited to have him experience your family's version of Christmas.