24

Spencer had his hands in his pocket, pacing up and down your front lawn

Spencer had his hands in his pocket, pacing up and down your front lawn. "You didn't know?" Nate asked, closing the front door.

"No, I swear. I wish she would've told me. Not that I would've pushed her one way or another. I just wish I knew," Spencer said, kicking a rock. "God, I'm the worst. And now she's in a fight with her parents."

"Hey, hey. It's a little squabble, it'll be ok. Why don't you go check in her?" Nate offered. Spencer nodded and walked inside, rushing up the steps.

Meanwhile, you sat on your bed, your face buried in your knees. Lola walked in and hugged you softly. "Sweetheart, it's ok. It's just a little fight," she soothed. You sank into her arms, crying softly.

There was a little knock on the door. You opened your eyes and turned, seeing Spencer looking at you sadly.** "Hey pretty girl, can I come in?"

You nodded, crossing your legs. Lola smiled and kissed your cheek before leaving your room. Spencer took her place on your bed, pulling you into his arms. "I love you," he whispered, wiping away a tear that rolled down your face. "I really really love you. And that won't change even if you go to MIT. What's an hour long plane ride if it means I get to see you?"

You smiled, kissing him hastily. He held you close, moving his mouth with yours. "Spencer Walter Reid, you're so perfect. I don't deserve you, not one bit."

"It's the other way around and you know it," he replied, putting your hair behind your ear. "let's go back downstairs and talk to your parents, my love. Your dad meant well."

"Spencer," you argued. "He was so mean to you."

"No, he was worried about you. And rightfully so. I don't want your parents to hate me because of this. Please, let's talk to them? For me?"

You nodded, standing up. "Only because I love you," you muttered, grabbing his hand and walking down the stairs. Your parents were still in the dining room, talking in hushed tones. "Mom, dad, we need to talk," you said, interrupting them. They looked up at you and nodded. You moved to sit down, Spencer pulling out your seat for you. You smiled at him softly and reached for his hand.

"I'm not saying no to MIT. I just want all my options," you began. "And Spencer didn't know I got in either. Please don't blame him."

"We believe you sweetie," you mom said gently. "And we want you to do whatever is best for you."

"Also, my decision is going to be what's best for me. I'm not taking anything else into consideration. Besides, Spencer's pushing me to go to MIT too, he went there for one of his PhDs."

"As long as you make a solid decision based on your own thoughts, we support it. Though I'll always be pushing MIT," you dad said.

You grimaced. "Thanks dad. MIT's offering me a $3000 stipend so it depends on Georgetown's offer at this point. All the other schools don't hold a candle to them. And, CalTech's financial offer is terrible. So it's between MIT and Georgetown."

Your mom smiled. "Spencer, we're sorry for automatically blaming you."

Spencer squeezed your hand. "It's no problem, you were worried about your daughter. Like Y/N said, I went to MIT and loved it. I was actually contacted about a teaching position for chemistry last month. So, if Y/N chooses MIT, I could go there too."

You turned and looked at him with your eyes wide. "Spencer, no."

"You love our daughter that much?" your dad asked. Spencer paused and nodded.

"I do." You blushed a deep red.

"Enough to move your life around for her?" your mom asked, looking at him in awe.

"I'd do anything for her," he said matter-of-factly. You smiled, tears rolling down you face. He looked at you and frowned. "I'm going to need you to stop crying every time I tell you I love you," he teased, handing you a tissues. You smiled at him and looked at your parents.

Your mom was grinning happily, your dad smiling ever so slightly. "That is simply one of the sweetest things I've ever heard. I'm glad our daughter found someone like you Spencer," you mom said softly, standing up. "Now, go do something fun for the day, Christmas Eve dinner will be at 7."

You nodded, giving her a hug and kissing your dad's head. Spencer waited for you by the stairs, both of you going to your room. You closed the door and kissed him roughly, causing him to jump lightly. "I love you so much," you whispered. "God, I love you with my entire heart and soul Spencer." Spencer grinned, holding you tightly.

"Even with my terrible posture?" He joked. You laughed, kissing his nose lightly.

"Especially with your terrible posture," you muttered. "Now, what do you want to do for the rest of the day?"

"Hmmmm. How about you show me your favorite places," he whispered, kissing your cheek.

You nodded. "And then we can make out at every one of them," you teased causing Spencer to blush.

"I, um, well, we could, I mean," he stuttered. You laughed, opening your suitcase.

"It's just so easy," you said, causing him to roll his eyes. "I'll get changed and then we can go?"

"Sounds good," Spencer answered, picking up his bag. "Also, where do your parents want me to put my stuff for the week?"

"You can stay in here."

"Y/N," he began. "Are you sure?"

"Spence, it's not a problem. Besides, I've gotten so used to sleeping next to you. Unless, you don't want to."

"Sleeping with you in my arms is the best part of my night. But, I've never done this before, meet parents or have a serious relationship. So I don't know how any of it goes."

"Well, good thing I haven't either," you stated, smiling at him.