"What? By who?"

    "We don't know yet. A woman named Letta Turmond fed nano-droids to her husband, essentially making him the bomb. She claimed that someone else was in on it, but she died before she could say who. Now, Admiral Tarkin is blaming the whole thing on Ahsoka Tano," Riyo explained.

    "Ahsoka Tano? But she's a Jedi." Mairin crossed her arms over her stomach. "She wouldn't do something like that."

    "I know, but Padmé is going to have a difficult time trying to convince the courts of that."

    Mairin shook her head. "I hope Padmé comes through."

    Riyo bit her lip, hesitantly. "Mairin, Archer was killed in the bombing."

    Mairin's face fell. "Jairo will be heartbroken." After a moment, she perked up again. "What else has been going on?"

    "I worked things out with Fox."

    "You're together again?" Riyo nodded. Mairin pursed her lips. "Hm. Well, if he tries that again, I'll be ready for him."

    Riyo laughed. "I've told him as much. Now, what's been happening on your end?"

    "Not much. We found somewhere to live. I can't tell you, though."

    "I know. It's all right."

    Mairin smiled. "I'll bring you to visit sometime. It's beautiful. Not much has happened otherwise. We've just been trying to settle in and get everything ready for the baby."

    "I expect to be contacted thirty minutes after it arrives."

    "A whole half hour? You're so considerate!" Mairin joked. "Don't worry. You'll be informed of everything." She turned away for a second. "I've got to go. I'll try to contact you again soon."

    Riyo nodded and the transmission ended. She remained at her desk for a moment, lost in thought. This war is going on too long. When will it end so we can all go back to our lives and things can become simpler again? She didn't have an answer for herself.

Coruscant: 19 BBY
Republic Military Prison
Commander Fox

    Fox stood on guard in the control room closest to Commander Tano's holding cell. He'd been there ever since she had been arrested again. The strain of the past few days was wearing on him, but he knew it wouldn't last much longer.

    The Commander's trial was quickly approaching and that would settle things. He didn't doubt that she'd be found guilty, and would probably be executed. Fox had heard that she'd even been expelled from the Jedi Order. Still, a part of him didn't truly believe that she was guilty.

    Fox glanced at the security camera and watched the Commander. She sat on the side of her bed, with her head in her hands. Every now and then, her shoulders jerked, as though she were crying. He looked away and pulled his helmet off, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

    "Hey," Clay rapped a hand on the door of the control room before entering. "We've just received a transmission from Chancellor Palpatine. He wants to speak with you in person."

    "Take over for me, will you?" Clay nodded and Fox threw his helmet back on. He quickly made his way towards a speeder and headed towards the Senate Building. The Chancellor wants to speak with me now? Why? Finally, he landed the speeder and entered the Chancellor's office, within the halls of the Senate Building.

    The Chancellor's personal guards let him enter as soon as he arrived. "Ah, Commander Fox, how nice of you to come so quickly," Chancellor Palpatine said.