Chapter five: Knock at the door

The meteor shower was indeed spectacular, I'm glad I came out. I Shane did still use Marus Telescope but we didn't talk after are whole talk.

I headed back home so I could get to bed, it was 11pm, I was kinda scared of the night but it was so gorgeous I couldn't help but look up at the sky and admire the stars.

I finally got my door and unlocked it and walk inside, this house was so homey but quiet cold, I threw in a few logs of firewood into my woodstove and set a match and tossed it into the stack of logs, I shut the door and waited for my home to heat up.

I took off my dress and tossed it in my laundry bin, I put on my dark green pajama pants and began to look for a night shirt.

All of a sudden, I heard a knock at the door I figured it maybe Maru, I saw just in my pjs and a bra, no big deal.

I unlocked my door and opened it expecting to see Maru, but in fact it was the last person I expected to see, it was Shane.

"OH MY YOBA SHANE!?" I quickly covered myself with my arms and flushed a deep red.

"GAH JEEZ SORRY SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WOULD BE- AH FUCK SORRY!" Shane immediately covered his face and turned around.

I quickly grabbed a bed sheet that was folded on my dresser to cover myself.
"Shane! What on earth are you doing here!?" I exclaimed at him.

"Are.. Are you decent?" He still had his back turned, okay at least he's not a creep.

"Yeah yeah, I'm decent." I crossed my arms so the bed sheet would stay up.

Shane looked back at me, his face red as all hell. "Listen, I didn't mean to catch you like that, its just... Bah this is ridiculous." And began to walk away.

"Hey hey Shane wait!" I stepped outside closing the door behind me. "Whats going on? You can't just see half naked and then leave, you okay?"

Shane glanced back at me and turned around, putting one hand in his Jacket pocket and the other through his hair. "Okay fine, today you heard something you weren't ment too. The truth is Jas is my daughter, my actual daughter. I already knew about the rumor, and I just kept brushing it off, Marine even wanted to keep it a secret."

I was in shock, I couldn't believe he was just telling me this stuff. "Why did you keep it a secret?"

Shane sighed and looked up. "I knew you would ask that..." he looked back at me. "You see, I had someone before I moved here, here name was Amelia, she was amazing, truly the light of my life. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her." Shane took a deep breath in, this seemed hard for him to talk about.

"Um, she fell pregnant and she didn't want to keep it, but I did, I've always wanted to be a father, we got into a huge fight... To the put where a knife got involved."

My heart sank. "Hey you wanna go inside and finish this?" I asked Shane taking a step closer to him.

"Nah nah, its fine, I'm fine." He shook his head and took another deep breath in, I sat on my step and I patted beside me, he took a seat beside me.

"She pulled out a knife from the knife block and threatened to cut her stomach open to get this thing out of her. I tried to claim her down but that was my mistake... She stabbed me to my arm."

Everything froze, I wasn't expecting that. Shane took off his jacket to reveal a big scar on his arm. "When people ask about this I just say when I was young I got into a car accident when I was little and a pipe got lodged in my arm."

He put his jacket back on, he placed his elbows on his knees and cupped his chin in his hands. "So... I got sent to the hospital, she called the ambulance and Police and said someone came in and stabbed me, she lied, that bitch lied. I past out from blood loss and I woke up in a hospital bed. The Doctors told me they found out it was Amelia who did it, serves her right." He scoffed and raised his head back up.

"And well blah blah blah the Doctor said she had a baby in her, I was gonna take it and move far away from there... The only person here who knows everything is Marine, thats why I live with her." He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a big sigh.

"Shane, I'm so sorry-" he cut my off by standing up.

"I don't know why you're sorry, you aren't even ment to know this! I'm just telling you this so you can know and to not tell anyone about this!" His words hurt like hell, I knew I wasn't ment to know this, I don't even know this guy that well.

"You're right, I shouldn't know this, but I will keep my mouth shut about this." I held out my pinky towards him.

He stared at my hand in judgment. "What the hell are you doing?" He scoffed at me.

"Its a pinky promise?" I said, tilting my head to the side a light bobbing my hand up and down.

"Bah, what are we? In middle school?" He laughed and shook his head. "Wait you're serious?" He stared blankly at me, fuck he had amazing eyes, what the hell is going on with me!?

He rolled his eyes and took my pinky in his, and smirk at me, our eyes meeting.

"Ah haha, well its late, y-you should get home right?" I said in a shakey voice as a blush flush took over my face.

"Yeah, again keep your mouth shut 'bout this." He began to walk away and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Have a Goodnight!" I called out to him, he just waved his hand and continued to walk, cold as expected.