Chapter four: Turth

As the sun began to drip down and the darkness took over everything, a few lights where flicked on and Maru finally had her big Telescope all set up.

"You think its big enough Maru?" I said to Maru jokingly cracking a smile.

"Oh ha ha very funny, just feel lucky that you got a spot with me before Harvey took it." She said while adjusting the lens.

All of a sudden that blue haired girl came behind Maru and hugged her.

"AH WHAT IT IS!?!?" Maru screamed and wacked the blue haired girl on the head with her hand.

"Ow ow! Maru relax its me! Emily!!" The girl squealed at Maru.

I burst out laughing and held my belly.

"Ooou is this the new gal?" Emily said as she skipped to me, she spun me around and looked me up and down.

"I like ya, you remind me of good ol' shane!" Emily beamed with a warm cheery smile.

"Wait Shanes here, I didn't even see him?" I said as I got on my toe to see if I could see him, he should stick out.

"Awh someone gots a little crush on Shaney~?"Maru teased me.

"What no no, its not like that, I didn't really get the chance to speak to him when Marine introduced me to him."
I said with a wave of embarrassment taking over me, Shane was a scruffy looking guy and he didn't seem like my type and I definitely wasn't looking for anything like that after what happened back in ZuZu.

"Awh what a shame, I could seriously see you two being a thingy!" Emily said with playful sad tone.

"Oh speaking oooof!" Maru said peeking around Emily.

I checked who was behind me and it was Shane with that little girl I saw earlier up on Shanes shoulders.

"Now the thing you need to know about Shane, he seems like a big ol' mean guy, but he has a heart under all the gruff. That lil' girl up there, thats Jas: his Niece, but we always thought she was Shanes daughter." Emily said too me.

"Rumor is, that she really is Shane's daughter, he has briefly talked about a woman that he had a thing going on with." Maru whispered to me.

My eyes widened, this guy really had someone at one point?

"How do you guys know the rumors not true?" I asked the two girls.

"Mm!" Emily muffled, she had a red drink she was drinking. "We've asked Marine 'bout it but she's always said that she's Shanes niece." Emily spoke while taking another sip of her drink.

I slowly nodded my head as I took a look back at Shane, Shane pointing up to the sky speaking to Jas.

"He seems like a good dad." I said while grabbing a star fuirt cooler.

I cracked it open and began to sip on it, Emily went on her way back to that  blonde haired gal.

I continued to look up at the sky as I took a seat down on the blanket waiting for the shower to happen, then I heard loud, thumping footsteps behide me. I look up and see Shane coming to grab a drink from the cooler.

"Shane! This is Susie, have you met her?" Maru spoke to Shane.

Shane glared at me with a beer in his hand, Yoba he is intimidating. "Mhm..." He said while cracking open his drink.

"Oh c'mon Shane, lightnin up a bit! A magical moment is about to happen!" Maru said bouncing up and down.

"Jas told me to find a good spot to look at the shooting stars so I came to ask if we could..." He let out a big sigh. "Share your Telescope?" Shane said rolling his eyes while taking a big gulp of his drink.

"Well of course! Its here for everyone is it not, just to let ya know, Susie here already got first set here!" Maru pats my head.

I look up at Shane again a lightly smile, hoping he would do the same, but he just looked away, jeez cold.

Maru gasped and smacked her forehead. "Oh my Yoba, I forgot my camera for my Telescope! Shoot, uh Susie can you keep on eye on the Scope for me, make sure it doesn't like... Blow over or something?"

"Of course!" I smiled and stood up, placing on of my hands on her Telescope. "Its safe in my hands!"

Maru smiled and ran on her way to where I assumed back to her house, didn't she say she lives in mountains?

"Hey um... Listen..." Shane said to me, placing his drink down on the table and folding his arms.

Crap, he's speaking to me, fuck what did I do?

"Uh yeah? Whats up?" I said in a nervous manner, my lower back sweating up.

"That cooler you're drinkin' there, isn't the best." He gesture is it to my drink.

I look at my drink, this cooler was really the only I've ever had before, its sweet and only has a bit of alcohol.

"Oh really? I drink these all the time, I find them delicious!" Oh great now I sound like an alcoholic.

He lets out a small laugh. "Woman after my own heart huh?" He picks up his drink again and takes a swig at it.

Goodness, was he just flirting with me? I could feel my face turn red, Yoba Sus's seriously? He's probably just poking fun, chill would ya!

"You drink much?" He asks me, holy fuck, he's actually talking to me? What? I didn't expect him to be like this?

"Um, well only recently I've actually started drinking, went through a shitty brake up back in the city." I say while taking another sip of my drink.

"Pity, was lookin' for a drinking buddy thats more so around my age." He looks over to a older woman who just walked in with a woman I've never seen before, she had orange hair and it was done up nicely.

"Hey, I was kinda looking for someone to drink with, was kinda scared to try new types of drinks."

He smiles and shakes his head. "Yeeah its like that for a while, if you want, I normally hang out at the saloon by myself after working at that hell whole." Hell whole? Is there seriously a bad shop in this town?

All of a sudden, Jas comes over to Shane, tugging on his jacket. "Did you ask miss Maru if we could us her Telescope?" Shane squats down to Jas's level and pats her head. "Yes Dolly, she said its fine." Jas squealed and hugged Shane then she quickly ran off.

Shane got up and shook his head and took another sip of his drink, hm I wonder if I could maybe get him to slip? "Shes a cutie." I spoke to Shane.

"Oh yeah, she's the best." Shane said while watching her run around with another small fella.

This was my chance. "Is she your daughter?" I ask him, giving him a suspicious look.

"Yea- NO!" Shane yelled, crushing his drink and his face turning pure red.

I was startled and took a step back to realizing what was behind me, I bumped into Marus Telescope and it feel to the ground.

I let out a big gasp and quickly check if anything had broke, this thing look expensive and I'd hate to have just broken it.

Luckily, nothing had broke. "Oh my fuuck..." I let out a sigh of relief and try to pick up the Telescope, damn this thing is Heavy, all of a sudden it gets lifted off the ground and back to its original state, I got up to notice that Shane had lifted it up.

"T-thanks." I said, my heart beating at a million miles per hour, I was gasping for air.

"Yeah... Sorry about that, just..." he leans into my ear. "Just don't say anything to anyone, got it?" He whispers and backs away. I bite my tongue and nod my head, its true!? I've only beem here 2 weeks and these people have been trying to figure that out for awhile it seems like.

"I *pant* made it! *gasp* I didn't miss anything did I?" Maru came back, panting and gasping for air, she had some sort of machine in her hand.

"Uh nope, not at all!" I said to her, hoping to sweet Yoba she didn't see it fall over.

"Oh good, good, good, good, would hate to miss this!" She went the lens of the Telescope to put the machine on, I turn my head back to speak to Shane again but he was gone. I spun around to see him putting a band-aid on Jas's knee. He really is her dad...