He watched me a for a few moments, the smile gone, and he rolled his eyes.

Surprisingly, he moved out of the way and I was taken back momentarily by his attitude switch.

Was this a trick? Was he going to tell?

"The fuck are you waiting for?" He snapped. "Go."

"Asshole," I mumbled loud enough for him to hear. I heard his laugh and the name he called me before he slammed the door shut behind me.

***

"Are you sure you're okay with going?" Mia asked, glancing over at me as she drove to Addison's house. I studied myself in the passenger side mirror, almost not recognizing my reflection.

I had straightened my dark hair, so it fell even longer down my waist than usual. For the first time in what felt like forever, I'd put on some makeup and I felt good.

Elijah had been hesitant to let me go, especially with my head injury, but I'd managed to convince him that it would be the distraction I needed and my head felt fine now. I'd taken some medicine before coming too.

"I'm fine, Mia. Don't worry, it'll be fun," I reassured her, shooting her a quick smile as she turned into the neighborhood.

She didn't know what happened. This was one thing I'd keep private.

There were already lines of cars parked on the street and I could hear the music blasting as we drove up to the house that sat at the end of the street. Mia parked, and we both got out, treading up to the house. Some people were walking in and out, but it was cold, so there was barely anyone outside.

"Hey, look," Mia said as we pushed through the crowds inside. The music blaring through the speakers pounded in my ears and I could feel it in my throat, like a pulse, and I could barely hear anyone's voice around me. "It's Riley!"

I would've stopped in place if it weren't for Mia's hand around my wrist dragging me along. She and Riley were still friends, always had been. Mia didn't know about her and Sebastian.

Riley was standing with a group of friends and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Sebastian standing with them all, leaning against the wall with a drink in his hand. He was smiling as he talked to someone next to him.

As if he could feel my presence, his eyes shifted around the room until they met mine and he visibly straightened, the smile on his lips disappearing.

Riley greeted Mia and she said a quick hello to me too, but avoided my eyes. I gave her a polite smile back, staying silent.

I could feel his eyes on me, but I didn't say anything. Mia also ignored him but I knew it was for me because nothing had gone wrong between them.

When Sebastian ended our friendship without a word, Mia chose me. Even though I told her she didn't need to do that, I didn't want her friendship with him ruined. But she was a loyal friend, and I was thankful for someone like that.

We stayed with them for a while, until I excused myself to go to the bathroom.

I had just finished washing my hands, and stepped outside when someone crashed into me. I looked up to see a boy with light brown, curly hair and blue eyes. He looked around my age, maybe a year older.

"My bad, didn't see you there," he chuckled and I figured he was a little out of it from the glassy look in his pretty eyes.

"It's fine," I smiled and he moved aside to let me pass, the drunken smile still on his lips. A little laugh slipped from my lips when he offered me a wink before walking off.