Chapter 11 - Katherine

I was having a great time with Cameron and it was all ruined when Carter called me. He promised he would call me and Carter isn't the one to break his promises.

"Look who finally decides to call me after 5 hours," I began our phone call without even saying hi.

"Look I'm sorry, I know you must be upset right now but I have a good reason," he began to say.

"Oh, and I would love to hear it but I'm kinda if busy right now," I said smiling at Cameron.
"Really what are you doing," Carter asked sounding concerned.

"Tell me what you had to tell me then I'll tell you," I responded back to Carter.

"Seriously Kat, tell me where you are so I don't have to worry," he said. I could hear him biting his nail which he does when he is nervous.

"I'm at the roller rink with some friends from school," I answered his question from earlier.

"Oh, it's good to hear that you made friends so quickly," he said sounding surprised.

"Yeah well he came up to me so..." I began to say but Carter cut me off.

"Wait, he. Who is this he your speaking of?" He asked and I suddenly got nervous.

"What were you going to tell me earlier that was so important?" I asked changing the subject hopefully Carter will follow the script.

"Oh yeah, Kat I'm," he began to say but stopped. "you know I have to go, your mom will explain everything later."

"Ok, it's good to hear you and me have a actual conversation again, even though I would enjoy it way better if we were face to face," I rambled.

"Yeah me too, I miss you Kat. I miss the hugs I give you and the kisses we shared. The movie marathons we watched to the making cookies together," he explained laughing, making me miss those days. I looked up at Cameron to see him on his phone. I forgot he was here for the past 2 minutes. Me and Carter exchanged our I love you's and goodbyes and hung up. I looked up at Cameron who was still on his phone. I stared at him for a couple of seconds before finally looking up.

God he was cute, I was starting to fall for him but I'm in love with Carter. I don't know which one to pick.

"What," Cameron said looking me up and down.

"Nothing I was just going to ask you to take me home, there is something my mom wants to tell me and I'm too curious to wait till midnight." I explained. He nodded and we walked out to his car as he texted everyone that we were leaving early.
_______________________________
I got home and my mom was cooking dinner, Cameron following behind me. I might as well introduce him to her since he will be spending a lot of time around me.

"Katherine your finally home, I have to tell you some terrible..." she said then saw Cameron. "who's this?" she asked with a concerned face.
"This is Cameron, a friend I made at school," I explained.

"Well I have to tell you something, and if you want Cameron to stay that's fine but I wouldn't suggest it,"she rambled.

"No it's fine I was just going to drop her off real quick," he said. He shook her hand and we exchanged our goodbyes.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"It's about your father," she said causing my eyes to widen, my heart to race and my breath getting heavier.

I haven't heard anything about my dad in forever, why now?
________________________________
~Sorry if this chapter was short or boring, I just haven't posted in a while so I just wanted to give you guys an update about what's going on. I still want this book to be kind of a mystery theme about her dad. So I hope you enjoy future chapters! Bye;)