Chapter 38 - Katherine

"I think I'm going to head home," I said to Ayo, shouting over the music.

"Your going to give Cameron head? Get it on girl," Ayo said, pumping her fist in the air and I rolled my eyes. She was definitely drunk. I texted Matthew to keep an eye on her and then I went to find Cameron.

"Hey, you leaving already?" Gilinsky asked as I walked past him.

"Yeah, it's getting a little too crowded in here and I'm not so much in the party mood anymore," I explained.

"Oh, well I'll keep you updated it something interesting happens," he said and I laughed. "Cameron's by the bonfire if your looking for him." I walked out to the back to find Cameron. God, why did Taylor have to have such a big house. I finally made my way outside, as the cold air hit face sobering me up fast.

"Cameron!" I called out. I found him playing around with Nash. "Cameron!" I called out once more. He turned around and wobbled his way to me.

"Hey baby," he smiled and fell forward, but I managed to catch him.

"Cameron, I'm going home," I told him lifting him up.

"No, stay and play with me," he whined. I groaned trying to walk to the nearest chair. I grabbed a bottle of water and tasted it before pouring the contents on his face. "Whoo!" He said loudly, shaking his body like a wet dog.

"Are you sober yet?" I asked him.

"Yeah, thanks," he said wiping his face.

"I wanna go," I said and he nodded his head.

"I'll just pick my car up tomorrow, usually people spend the night so we should be good," he explained and I nodded heading out the door. We got to my car and I decided to drive since Cameron wasn't sober enough to.

"You know, I've been thinking. I kind of want to stay in California for college," I said and he turned his attention towards me.

"Really?" He asked and I smiled nodding.

"I mean, it probably won't be in Chino hills, but it will still be pretty damn close," I said and he chuckled.

"Well, I'm glad cause I didn't really want to go to Florida," he added.

"Yeah, there are just too many bad memories there that I don't want to be reminded of," I explained.

"Can we stop by In-and-out? I'm really in the mood for a milkshake," he asked and I laughed. "What's so funny?" He asked again.

"I'm pretty sure it's closed, I don't think they would serve anyone at eleven pm," I said and he groaned.

"Dammit. I really wanted a milkshake too," he pouted.

"Why don't we go to McDonalds and get it there," I suggested.

"Ok," he said cheering up and I laughed. I drove to the closest McDonald's and went up to the drive through menu.

"What kind of milkshake?" I asked Cameron, and it looked like he was close to passing out. "Cameron?" I said shaking him a little and he woke up. "What flavor did you want your milkshake?" I asked again, laughing.

"Choconilla," he slurred, making me laugh harder. I ordered him a chocolate shake and parked in the parking lot. I handed him his shake then propped my elbow on the side door, supporting my head as I watch him drink his shake.

"Cameron slow down, your going to get a brain freeze," I warned him, laughing. He pulled away wincing, massaging his temples. "Told you."

"Kat I really owe you one. I promise I'll pay you back," he said taking another sip.