Chapter 12- Katherine

"They don't have and evidence that your father is dead or alive. they mostly think that he is alive," my mom said tears rolling down her cheeks. I couldn't feel anything, not sadness or even curious. May be my dad being gone so long changed the way I feel about him cause I knew he wasn't dead and he just left us. I actually learned to dislike him.

"Mom it's ok, don't cry," I told her rubbing her back, I hated to see her cry. She has been doing it a lot lately.

"I know I just really miss him and I just want us to be a family again," she explained. "Well just get ready for bed and we will talk more about this later." I nodded and got ready for bed.

I really want to show some feelings towards the situation but I can't. I want to miss him the way my mom does but I can't. I wish he wouldn't have left in the first place, it would make my mom's life and my life a whole lot easier.
______________________________
• A week later ~

It's been a week since I've heard about my dad and Carter hasn't called me one since that night. Cameron and his friends have been with me the whole time through this. It's like Carter doesn't care anymore.

"Ok so we are having a sleepover tonight and you have to come," Ayo suggested.

"I don't know, I can't just leave my mom alone through this. It's been really hard on her lately," I explain.

"And that is exactly why you are coming, no more stress and depression right now. Just relax before your hair starts to fall out," she whined.

"Who is coming exactly? I don't know any other girls except you," I said poking her cheek.

"Well I only really invited Natasha, because all the other girls think I'm a bitch for dating Matthew so really just Natasha," she explained.

"Who's Natasha?" I ask confused.

"She is the girl in our math class that is the teachers pet," she said answering my question.

"Oh I know her, she asked for a pencil and never gave it back so know I pick pencils off the floor when I need one," I said. She isn't so bad but I could already tell that she is a bitch without knowing her. She just looks like the type.

"She is that bad, she actually is the one who set me and Matthew up so I kind of owe her one," she said.

"Ok I'll try to be in my best behavior for you not because I want to," I sighed finally agreeing to the sleepover.

"Ok whatever," Ayo shrugged and walked away leaving me at my locker packing my stuff to go home and get ready for this sleepover.

"Hey," I heard next to me. I slammed my locker and when I turned around I saw it was Jack G.

"Oh hey, what's up?" I ask assuming he wants something.

"Oh nothing I was just wondering if I could take you home in less Cameron already offered you a ride," he blurted out. I knew that he liked me by just the look he gives me when he sees me. I have to set things straight before I am apart of a love square because I'm already dealing with a love triangle.

"Look Jack, you seem nice and all but I don't like you in any other way except as a friend and mostly a brother. I hope you understand," I said getting straight to the point. It was awkward because we were just standing in the middle of the hallway looking at each other.

"Yeah I knew you would never like me like that, it's whatever," he snapped, walking away.

"Jack wait," I yelled over the noisy hallway.

"Just leave it alone, I will find someone else to fall for and she is definitely not going to hurt me like you just did," said turning around.

"I'm sorry, I already have my dad and mom to worry about and cameron and my boyfriend. please don't be mad at me. I already have to much going on and I can't handle all this," I explained trying to catch up to him.

"Yeah Cameron, you know here is some advise. Dump this so called boyfriend and date Cameron already. I guess once you hurt one and don't have to stop right," he said turning around then backing up.

I can't believe he just said that, I didn't know what to say. I just turned around walking outside of the school. I've been at this school for only a week and I've made a enemy already.
This isn't the fresh start I wanted.