Chapter 3 - Katherine

We ran back down stairs our hair still damp from showering. I went to the living room and she wasn't their. We looked around the until we found her in the kitchen sitting at the table with her laptop.

"Mom?" I questioned and she motioned us over. We went to take a seat and waited for my mom the talk. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked and she sighed.

"Carter, are you sure you want to stay for this?" She asked and he gave her a confused look.

"Now that I know it's this serious, yes," he nodded his head and she cleared her throat before speaking.

"I know you've been worried about me. And I was worried for me too. I didn't want things to change and I thought it was just too soon for change," she explained to us leaving me even more confused.

"What are you saying mom?" I sighed.

"I'm saying that, maybe we need a good change. Something that will take us away from all this drama," she told me and I knew what she meant. I felt like the world had stopped giving me a million years to think about this.

"You want to move?" I asked out of breath.

"I don't want to move, we need to," she told me and I looked down to hide the tears that would fall any second. "I know this is last minute, but school is about to start and I think it's a good idea that we move before then," she explained.

"Where do you want to move?" Carter asked and she pushed the laptop towards us. I looked up to see a big house in a pretty decent looking neighborhood.

"I've never seen this place in Miami before," I said eyeing her.

"Cause it's not in Miami, it's in Los Angeles," she told me as if it were nothing.

"Los Angeles? As in California?" I stutter. I couldn't just pack up and move all the way arose the country. I have a life here and she doesn't seem to care.

"What other state has Los Angeles in it?" She chuckled and I glared at her. This wasn't funny. This may not seem like shit to her but it mattered to me. If she wanted to move by herself that's fine, I could stay at one of my friends house till we graduate. But there was no way she was taking me with her.

"Mom! This isn't funny. I'm not going with you," I raised my voice at her.

"Yea you are. I know you're thinking that I'm being selfish but I'm not. Im thinking of what's best for you," she told me and I rolled my eyes.

"I can just stay with Emma till I graduate," I told her.

"No, We're moving because I want to get away from everything that involves your father. I'm just so jumbled up in this. There is no chance that your father will come back so we're leaving," she explained.

"I want to stop thinking about dad too, but running away won't help anything," I sighed running my hands through my hair.

"Look, we're moving and if you don't get your ass on that plane I will drag you by your hair if I have to. We're family Katherine and family sticks together through anything," she told me and I looked over at Carter who stared intently at the wood table.

"What about Carter? He's considered family too," I asked.

"Kat, just because your moving doesn't mean anything. We're still going to be together through everything even though I won't be able to touch you or see you everyday. Long distance is hard to but that proves how strong our relationship will be," he told me and I put my head on the table wrapping my arms over head in disbelief.

He was actually letting me leave. I thought he would be the one to never let me go and we would run away together just to be with each other. But I guess I was wrong. But if Carter thinks that we will be strong enough to deal with long distance then I guess I do too.

I looked back up at the laptop with tear stained cheeks. I pull it in front of me and examined the house. It was really nice and I kind of got excited to move into it until I saw the price. "And where are we going to get this kind of money?" I asked. "You don't have a job and my job won't pay me that much in five years."

"I went to the bank and your father deserted his bank account. I looked in to how much he had saved and it was a lot that I was unaware of. They told me he hasn't been checking into it since he disappeared so I took all of the money and terminated his account," she explained and I intently looked back at the screen. She seemed to have all this planned out and I couldn't think of anything else to convince her to think other wise.

"So we're really doing this?" I asked and I saw her nod from the corner of my eye. "When do we leave?" I asked.

"In two days," she answered and I sighed at how soon two days will be. "The movers are coming today to pack everything," she told me and I gave her a slight nod.

"I'm going out again," I told her standing up and walking out with Carter trailing behind me. We got in Carter's car and started driving. I don't know where we were going but I just wanted to get away from all of this. "Where are we going?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked me and I shrugged. He looked forward again and gradually started to drive a little over the speed limit but I didn't mind. We arrived at the beach again and got out. I walked over to the sand and continued to walk down the beach.

"So, you're really moving," Carter sighed and I shrugged.

"I guess," I told him kicked the sand as I walked. "And you didn't stop me," I said continuing to kick the sand.

"Trust me, I want you to stay. But I knew I couldn't fight for you with your mom there and I've always trusted her opinion. It's going to hurt not being there for you everyday but things happen," he told me.

"I don't think we could handle long distance," I told him and he stopped walking. I looked back at him and he stared at me.

"Don't say that, we can handle anything," he told me grabbing both my hands.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just scared for change like this. I won't be able to see you or Tommy or Emma everyday. I'm just scared we'll loose contact," I said looking down at the ground but I could feel him looking at me.

"It's okay to be scared," he told me before embracing me into a hug.
__
SO yes I'm rewriting one and only cause I was such a terrible writer and I still am now but ive improved so now I'm rewriting some of the chapters. And I like it so yeah *gives you a thumbs up*

And if this is your first time reading this you're probably confused but it's alright. You didn't need to read the first writing of this anyways lol