Kuroo Tetsurou || If Only

||just in case: TW! mentions of kidnapping||

If only.

His chest hurt, but he absolutely refused to take even a second to rest.

If only.

Feeling his legs give out, he crashed onto the floor feeling the ridged ground below him tear through the skin on his palms and knees. The pain surged throughout his body and he could feel tears burn at the corner of his eyes.

If only.

His phone slipped from his pocket showing that he had several missed calls from Kenma and his other friends. He struggled to catch his breath as he sat on the empty road all by himself. His hands trembled violently as he held his phone up against his ear.

"Kuro! You need to go home now–"

"Kenma.. What am I supposed to do..?" Kuroo was defeated. Kenma could feel the anxiety building up in his chest. Not only was he worried about you, but also for his best friend. Never in his life he'd ever have to see his Kuroo in this much distress.

No matter how much Kenma wished to hole himself up in his room to ease the stress of the situation happening at hand, he had to help ground Kuroo or else he'll end up injuring himself even more than he already has.

"Kuro, I'm not asking you to give up, but you running around mindlessly isn't going to solve anything. Stay at my place in the mean time, I will help you."

"It's been a few hours already, I-I can't stop now. She's still out there!"

"I know, come back, we'll contact authorities and give them as much information as we can."

~

Kenma placed the first aid kit beside Kuroo, "do you want anything to eat?"

Kuroo shook his head not taking his eyes off the ground. He had no appetite, how could he? His gut twisted at the thought of you being missing. The thought of you being taken away.

"It's my fault. It's all my fault," Everything hit him at once. That moment of shock left him completely, only to be replaced with a terrorizing realization, "It was a stupid argument! Just an argument!"

Kuroo continued to ramble and repeat the same words over and over again. "If only."

"Calm down, what exactly happened..?" Kenma sat next to his friend on the couch.

Inhaling sharply, he turned towards his best friend. Regret was pooled in his eyes and his expression contorted in pain, "We had an argument. All because I got jealous over something so damn small. We decided to ignore each other for the day, I really didn't think much about that phone call, it was just a silly little game. I was too prideful to give in and to think that it could've change the entire outcome. She would be right here. She would be safely in my arms. Not wherever the hell she is right now!"

Kuroo tossed his phone onto the table in front of Kenma showing the short voicemail you had sent Kuroo when he ignored your call.

"Kuroo... I know you're mad right now, but please pick up the phone. There's this... guy who keeps following me, I-I don't feel safe right now. I'm sorry, can you please call me when you get this my phone is about to die."

Kuroo grabbed a fistful of his hair into his hands and bit his lip feeling the faint taste of metal from the small wound he made with his teeth, "by the time I listened to it, it was already too late."

"I called everyone, Kenma, no one knew where she was. She was scared and I ignored it. She needed me and I wasn't there."

"The police is investigating the situation, it really is just a waiting game," Kenma turned off the phone, "There was no way that you could've known."

"That's not the point! Look how late it is right now! What if she's hurt?! What if she was actually kidnapped?! What if.. she isn't even alive right now...? How am I supposed to live myself with that?! If only I hadn't been so jealous. If only I didn't have that argument with her. If only I had walked home with her. If only I had just picked up the damn phone! If only.. If only, if only, if only!" His voice was raw and hoarse. He spent hours yelling out your name at the top of his lungs. He sobbed louder than he ever had in years. Guilt, regret and anxiety was the only thing that resided in his chest.

If someone had taken you, they'd better start praying they don't come into contact with him. He swore that he would absolutely tear them apart.

Kenma remained silent knowing there wasn't much he could do to help Kuroo. He himself was also extremely uneasy about the fact that you were missing, but he knew he shouldn't break down in front of his childhood best friend, "(F/n) is strong, we both know that. Believe in her."

"I just want her to come home.."

A/n
heyhey!
So i found this prompt while surfing through the internet
so credit goes to:

(changed it a tad)It's been awhile and life's been busy i have multiple chapters in the drafts so hopefully they'll be out sometime before christmas:)) (mostly fluff ♥︎) THANK U FOR THE SUPPORT BTW and again ILY ALL (sorry for not being active to ...

(changed it a tad)
It's been awhile and life's been busy
i have multiple chapters in the drafts so hopefully they'll be out sometime before christmas:)) (mostly fluff ♥︎)
THANK U FOR THE SUPPORT BTW and again ILY ALL
(sorry for not being active to interact with y'all ;-;)
(i promise i'll stop torturing (f/n)... maybe)