Sugawara Koushi || Our night

"Wait, this is half a cup right?" you evened out the flour in the measuring cup.

"Hm? Oh, let me check," overlapping his hand over yours, he brought it up to his eye level, "yep!"

You dumped the flour into the bowl and started to mix the dry ingredients as Sugawara whisked the other contents of the batter.

"Oh crap!" accidentally knocking over a glass cup on the counter, it broke onto the hard floor below you, "Ahh, jeez, what a mess.."

Kneeling down, you were about to pick up the glass pieces until someone rushed to your side and pulled you up by the shoulders, "It's okay I'll clean it! I don't want you to cut yourself."

"Kou, it's okay I knocked it over," you urged, but he had already finished picking up the rest of the glass, "you didn't have to do that you know."

Tossing out the broken cup he stood up and grabbed your hands and examined them carefully, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine!~" you argued grabbing his face in your hands, "you're such a worrywart."

"Sorry, but you're so clumsy sometimes," he raised up his arms defensively, "I can't help but worry that you'll actually hurt yourself one day."

"Let's just finish the muffins, I'm getting hungry," you whined.

"So impatient," he huffed quietly.

"What was that?!"

"Nothing, nothing!"

He placed the tray into the oven and set the timer. He folded up yours and his apron and tossed it into a laundry basket. You sighed tapping at the marble counter with your nails.

"Now what," you raised your head and scanned the room for something to do.

"I think we should practice patience love," he smiled poking your forehead.

"I feel like your insulting me," you crossed your arms.

"Oh! I know," He walked over to the speakers and connect his phone to it, "we could dance?"

"I don't know how though."

"That's fine, you have to start somewhere right, it's easy," he pulled you out of the seat and led you into an open space in the kitchen. Moving your arms to his neck he rested his onto your waist, "Here look at my feet, just move to the music."

"Kou- dancing is not my thing," you hesitated.

"It's okay, you're doing just fine."

The both of your bare feet slid across the cold tiled floor as you danced in your pj's. You felt the world around you disappear. It was just you and him, in the present.

Sugawara refused to tear his gaze away from your beautiful face. He loved everything about it. He felt warmth spread throughout his chest when your lip curled into a cute smile.

*ding!*

You both flinched away from each other after being pulled back into reality due to the oven's timer, "Wow time really passed by quickly," you laughed nervously as you grabbed the oven mitts.

"Y-yeah.. Oh! Here I can take it out," he took the mittens and used them to gracefully take out the muffins.

"They look so good! You really know how to bake Kou!"

"(F/n)! Wait! You'll burn yourself if you try taking them out right now!"

"We have to wait longer?!"

"Just a little longer," he pinched the bridge of your nose playfully.

"...fine.." You huffed impatiently, "Hey Kou, can we play a board game?"

"Sure, why not," He wrapped his arms around you from behind and lightly kissed the top of your head.

"Giant Jenga!" You hopped off the chair and ran to pull out a large heavy box.

"When did you buy that..?" He sweat dropped.

"I saved up enough money to buy it! Hurry up help me set it up!"

"It's going to fall on top of you when you lose."

"Yeah right, as if I'd lose."

"Is that so?"

"Bet."

A/n
Requested by misstobio !!
Sorry that it took so long:(((
The plot seems really simple skhdkxhd
anywho how's everyone doing??? it's been awhile hehe oops
Sorry that updates have been slow but I log in every so often to read everyone's comments ♥︎
I'll be back,, hopefully