Haiba Lev || Sunshine

|| The other night dear, as I lay sleeping ||

"Lev!" your voice, clear as day.

"Ah! (F/n)!" A smile he cold not contain, spread cross his face.

You ran towards him, hopping into his arms. He enveloped his arms around your figure and spun you around, burying his face in your hair.

|| I dreamed I held you in my arms ||

Your laughter filled his ears. It was intoxicating, something he would never forget.

"You look beautiful," he lowered you and leaned down to place his forehead against yours.

You huffed and smiled softly while cupping his face in your hands.

|| When I awoke, dear... ||

"Lev, I must go," your eyes softened, "You don't belong here.."

"What do you mean? But you're here, why can't I stay?" Confusion and hurt rose in his chest.

"Wake up babe," tears brimmed the edges of your eyes, "Go home, I'll wait for you when it's time, not now though.."

"I-I don't want to go back, can't I stay? Why?" His voice cracked. The harsh reality has set in. The realization of how truly cruel the world can be, "I love you, I love you so so much (F/n). What am I supposed to do? It's just not fair!"

"I'm sorry, Lev. I can't let you stay," you released yourself from his embrace, "I love you, with all my being. I want you to be happy, that's all I want now."

"How can I..?"

"In time, darling.." you turned your heel and walked away from his crumbling figure, "Wake up, Lev."

"(F/n)..? (F/n)! Don't! Don't go! I'm begging you! (F/N)!!!" His eyes grew heavy as he reached out towards your back as you walked further and further away from him.

|| I was mistaken ||

His eyes shot open as a chill ran down his spin. His arm, outstretched onto the other side of the bed, your side. It was empty.

Grabbing his phone on the night stand–

(F/n)-chan~
Morning!~ I'm at the market right now. Want anything?

Is what he hoped to see on his lock screen.

Kuroo Tetsurou
How are you holding up? Are you coming to the funeral..? Let me know, I can take you. Things will get better. Text me, okay?

|| So I hung my head and I cried ||

His cries filled the silent room. The house felt much colder without you. No one there to hear him, no one home to cry to, no one else that could replace the empty hole in his chest. You were gone, and you aren't coming back.

Holding your pillow in his arms he inhaled your scent, soaking the fabric with his tears he sung to himself the song you loved so dearly,
"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

A/n
It's been awhile since I've been on here,,
I'll think about opening up request once i become more active (・・;)
i'll be back, i hope,,

You are my sunshine - Jasmine Thompson