Chapter XVIII

~Friday 1st December 2017~

Dakota was alone when he woke, which was bizarre. However, the time displayed on the clock was more concerning. It was already five in the evening, how the fuck did he sleep for so long? Vasile must have left only a few moments before, but Dakota still couldn't think why the man had allowed him to sleep in for so long. They hadn't gone to bed late, well, not too late anyway. They had been sat talking until two in the morning but that didn't warrant a further fifteen hours of sleep. Dakota wasn't even sure he had ever rested for that long before in his life.

Sitting up, Dakota winced suddenly, heat flaring over his skin. He hadn't even noticed it before, too consumed with confusion about the time, but he felt as though he was on fire. He dragged a hand through his hair, grimacing at the strands matted against the frame of his face. He hadn't been sick in a long time, he tended to have a pretty decent immune system. Not to mention his new healing abilities, he didn't even think it was possible for him to pick up simple illnesses anymore. Hopefully, that didn't mean something was seriously wrong.

"Fuck..." Dakota forced out through gritted teeth when he lifted the covers from himself, finding that the heat wasn't the only reason for his discomfort. His erection was just as painful. Could it even be known as morning wood if it was already the evening? Dakota didn't care so long as it went down. He certainly wasn't comfortable enough in the penthouse yet to jerk off. Especially knowing that the other gargoyles there would easily be able to hear any noise he didn't manage to stifle.

Limping into the ensuite, Dakota locked the door behind him, debating for a moment simply showering in the dark. He didn't really want to see what state his appearance might be in if what he had already seen wasn't proof enough that there was something wrong. In the end, however, he knew the light was needed. He didn't want to add any serious injury onto whatever was already plaguing him. That would only cause Vasile to come running, and Dakota certainly didn't want that.

Avoiding all sight of the mirror, Dakota turned on the light and undressed himself. The lack of clothing was somewhat better but the change wasn't extensive. He was still too damn hot. Stepping into the shower, Dakota turned the temperature of the water down to the lowest it could go, before flicking it on. He couldn't help but gasp in the beginning as the stream of freezing droplets pelted down on his chest but it didn't take long for it to begin to feel better.

He stepped fully into the stream, closing his eyes and tipping his head back, letting out a quiet sigh. At least it seemed to be dampening the flames beneath the boy's flesh, even if it was doing little to deflate the boy's erection. He wouldn't touch himself, even if it might make everything get there a little faster. It wasn't worth it. He simply had to have patience. At least he didn't have to worry about using up any hot water.

Dakota rested his head on the tiles, his breathing slowing somewhat as relief trickled over him. He counted down the minutes, five, ten, fifteen, twenty, until he finally felt satisfied. His cock was no longer aching, rather a cool numbness was spreading over his skin instead. It wasn't cold to the touch, there was still some heat to him, but he didn't think anything could be done about that. The fatigue was rolling back in, any longer in the shower and he risked collapsing.

Turning off the water, Dakota stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist. He continued to avoid the mirror over the sink, keeping his eyes cast down as he dried himself and returned to the bedroom. He should have drawn the curtains really, but he wasn't in the mood for what little light might have remained in the dusk. Instead, he dressed himself in the dark, bothering with only a pair of boxers and a t-shirt, before crawling back into bed.

He wished so hard that he could sleep. He even thought about going to find Vasile but decided that he had to have been busy with something important if he had left Dakota before the boy had woken. He didn't want to interrupt. Instead, he simply laid there, wrapped up in the covers despite the warmth he could feel building again. He was just beginning to drift into some sleepless trance when he heard the bedroom door creak open, rolling his eyes at the interruption.