"I'm fine, don't worry"

Norman woke up the next morning with the sun's rays hitting his face, he had forgotten to close the curtains on his bedroom window again.

"Ugh, I should have closed it "He murmured sleepily as he put his hand in front of his face in an attempt to protect his eyes from the sun's rays that blinded him" What time is it? " He took out his cell phone on the nightstand and turned on the screen, still a little sleepy.

He rubbed his eyes to try to dispel the drowsiness "Is it 8:57 am already?" He opened his eyes wide, he only had 18 minutes to prepare to go to work. In a way it was his fault that he stayed up late worrying about when he was going to be meeting Emma. He only knew her one day and was already acting like a idiot in love.

He dressed up as best he could in such a short time and ran out of the house, his dad hadn’t come back from who knows where, and Sherry had gone from her friend’s house to school,then it would probably only be back in the afternoon. In other words, he had the whole house to himself and he didn't have to worry about waking anyone while going down the stairs and combing his hair at the same time.

When Norman finally arrived at his place of work, he was surprised to have arrived on time, despite being breathless from having cycled from his home there.

"D-dang" He said while trying to catch his breath, when he finally managed to breathe properly, he entered through the back doors, which led towards the kitchen of the place.

"Wow, you're almost late" Your co-worker, Kori, said when she saw him open the door "What happened? You never come this late" She asked curiously.

Before Norman could answer anything, they heard his boss's voice telling Kori to attend a drive-thru customer, who she ran to get the order.

He sighed and took the employee's uniform and went to change in the men's room. After he had put on his apron and put on his attendant cap, he went to the attendant counter, but not before he heard Kori say something like "Sir, this is a Wendy's" and "Pepperoni bread"

The rest of the day was quiet, but Norman was still anxious. His work shift would be over soon, that is, it was only a few hours before he could meet Emma.

He looked at his watch for the thirty-fifth time that day, it was only two minutes before he could leave "Next, please!"

He quickly wrote down the customer's order. There was only a minute to go.

"Next, please!" Only a few more seconds to go.

Five seconds.

Four seconds.

Three seconds.

Two seconds.

He wrote down the last order quickly before leaving behind the counter and running to take off his uniform and put his clothes back on.

When he went out the back doors and got on his old bicycle he realized it was getting dark 'Of course it's getting dark, my shift ends at the end of The afternoon'

He pedaled quickly toward his home, not that he was late, but he wanted to make sure he was perfect to meet Emma.

He got off the bike when he arrived in front of his house, despite being sweating and breathing heavily, he was smiling, excited by the idea that he would soon meet her again.

Running quickly to his room without caring how much noise he was making, he opened the closet and grabbed his best clothes.

He was facing away from the door and was also distracted, so he didn't notice when heavy footsteps echoed through the room "Hey, what do you think you're doing?"A loud, dragged voice caught Norman's attention, who quickly turned around "I was trying to sleep, you know?" His dad got closer to him, he noticed the beer bottle in his hand.