"I'm Peter Ratri"

"I will not let you enter my kitchen!" Ray exclaimed as he blocked Emma's path.

"Come on Ray, I can cook!" Emma complained trying to find a way to get into her best friend's kitchen.

"You said exactly the same thing before and it almost blew up my whole house!" He said still preventing Emma from passing.

"I was eleven!" She replied "Gilda, tell him I can cook!"

Gilda looked away "Well, your cooking skills are not very reliable ..."

"Eh?! My cooking skills are great!" Emma whimpered as if she had been betrayed "Anna and Don agree with me, don't they? "

Anna looked away and pretended not to hear, while Don tried to say something "Well, your cooking is as good as mine"

"Don has literally put waffles to heat in a toaster and they burned" Ray said making Don smile sheepishly.

"Norman, you are my last hope!" Emma said dramatically making the boy laugh softly.

"Well, I never ate something you did, so I can't say anything" Norman said a little nervous and amused by the situation "But if your food is as good as the coffee you make, you probably cook very well"

Truth be told, Norman had no idea how they ended up at Ray's house, they just decided at some point and everyone agreed.

"His opinion doesn't matter as he will say anything to make you happy" Ray said making Norman blush slightly. Emma rolled her eyes, not letting Ray's logical answer.

At this point, Emma seemed ready to invade the kitchen in the most difficult way, but unfortunately a voice stopped her before she could do that.

"Ray, as much as I love it when your friends are here, could you guys keep your voice down?" A black-haired woman, who Norman supposed to be Ray's mother, spoke up trying to sound serious, but looking used to the situation.

"Sorry Mama, but Ray is being mean to me" Emma exclaimed childishly as she hugged the woman, who returned the hug.

"Ray, don't be so bad with Emma" The woman scolded, which tore out a roll of Ray's eyes.

"How old do you think I am? Six?" He said ironically making his mother smile a little as if she expected that answer.

At that moment she seemed to notice the presence of Norman, who was quite confused by the situation "Oh, you must be Norman, I am Ray's mother, Isabella "She said gently.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Isabella" He replied politely while extending his hand to the older woman.

"It doesn't have to be so formal, you can just call me Mama" Isabella said shaking Norman's hand, who seemed suddenly apprehensive.

"Okay..." He said hesitantly then looked away quickly, which Ray didn't miss.

"Well, anyway, try to speak more softly, Ray's dad is still sleeping" Everyone nodded "Ray, let Emma use the kitchen, it's not like she's actually going to set the kitchen on fire like you, and it's nice to meet you, Norman" Norman nodded and gave a tentative smile.

After Ray's mom left the kitchen, Anna turned to the boy who had stepped out of Emma's path "Did you set your kitchen on fire again?"

"... Again?" Norman repeated slightly worried that his friend was a pyromaniac.

"Don't ask" Don advised as he put his hand on his shoulder, what just make Norman more worried.

*
*