"You have beautiful eyes... "

Norman couldn't take it anymore.

Norman could not stand being beaten by his own dad anymore, no, that person was not his dad, his dad had died along with his mother, that person was just what will be left of him: An alcoholic old man who beat his son for no valid reason.

"Why do you have to look so much like your mom?!" It was what he said today before he punched him in the face and started beating him like he did every day "Do you know how hard it is for me to see your face every day ?! Why don't you just die?!" That's what he said while kicking his son's stomach.

Norman had already gotten used to his dad's attacks. He never defended himself, he knew that if he tried to defend himself his father would only hit him even more. But it was okay as long as he didn't hurt his younger sister, Sherry, but it was still more and more difficult to endure the pains that his father caused him.

Fortunately when he got home she was at a friend's house, so she didn't need to see her older brother being beaten again by their dad.

And now there he was walking down the street, even though it was late at night. His sister had said that she would spend the night at her friend's house, and he did not want to spend the night alone with a drunk old man.

He had just entered a cafeteria, they were probably already closing, as he had no more customers and the only employee visible on the premises was cleaning an empty table, but still he was too tired to care, so he just sat at one of the many empty tables, he still had a little money he had saved, it wasn't much, but it was enough to buy coffee and maybe a piece of cake, if he was lucky.

"Are you going to want anything, sir? "He heard a female voice say, probably the employee he had seen cleaning the tables.

"Do you still have coff-" He stopped when he looked at the employee.

She had beautiful green eyes that looked excited, despite having to attend a customer so late at night.He was silent, surprised by the beauty of her eyes, but then realized that it wasn’t just her eyes that were beautiful, her red hair was short and messy and looked perfect on her, she also had a strange hair up that reminded her of an antenna.

'Dang, even in the cafeteria uniform she looks cute'

"Uhm ... Sir?" She asked a little worried about his sudden silence, she had noticed that he had some bruises on his arms and had a band-aid on his face.

"You have beautiful eyes ..." Obviously he hadn't noticed what he said, it took him exactly six seconds to notice that he had just finished speaking. "S-sorry! T-That's not what I m-meant! N-not that you don't have beautiful eyes, you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen! I-I mean- I didn't mean it out loud!" Norman let out a groan of frustration, if it were possible to die of shame he would already be buried.

He lowered his head to avoid looking at the employee but was surprised by a laugh, he raised his head and looked at her, and then started to laugh too.

When they finally calmed down and stopped laughing, she looked at him with an amused smile "Sorry sir, I couldn't resist laughing, it was kind of funny the situation" She apologized

"Oh no need to apologize, it really was kind of funny" He reassured her "And you don't have to call me sir either, it makes me look old and I believe we are the same age" Norman said as he rubbed the back of his neck, still a little embarrassed "You can just call me Norman" He said giving her a cute smile.

"Okay, so you can call me Emma" Emma said as she smiled back,which made Norman's heart beat so fast"So, Norman, what are you doing in a cafeteria so late at night?"