Chapter 68

I sat in my desk, my hands shaking as I wrote the letter. My eyes moved on to look at the ten more letters I had already written yet this was the hardest of them all. A tear slipped, feeling it itch my skin as it curved its way until it hung and dropped to the paper of the dairy I had bought. I placed the pen down, looking away as I felt my heart crush. Darkness had settled in and the baby was a sleep. Rafael had walked down to talk strategy with the men and I had asked to stay back. I just could not, just could not stand there and look at everyone knowing that a lot of people would lose their lives. I stood up, my feet carrying me to the window where I looked far ahead and there they were. I could see the smoke rising deep in the forest where Klaus and his army were camping ready to storm in and destroy everything in their way. The tears kept coming, my hands coming around my frame. I was afraid, afraid for Rafael, afraid for myself and for our baby. I was scared for all the man, the night seeming to get darker as I stared.

Even the stars seemed to have abandoned us, the moon nowhere to been seen, covered by layers and layers of thick, dark clouds. I took a deep breath, the air cold as I sucked it in. I turned knowing I had to finish my letters and videos. I sat down on my chair, my eyes moving to his own chair as I remembered the day I lay in bed, having just woken up from passing out. It was the day I told him of how he did not have to hide from me, that day he had given me his laptop and I had bought food for the men we had just gotten. I sighed, shaking my head, my mind drifting off to that very same night when he asked me to take out his bullets. He had picked me up so swiftly and placed me on the sink as if I had weighed nothing. My hand came up to my mouth as it quivered trying to keep the sob down as the tears came falling down. Every part of me shook, my heart feeling as if it was ripped away.

Lord I could not lose him.

I took a deep breath, trying to hold all the pain down but it was hard. I lowered my shaky hand, taking the pen and writing with more tears pouring down. I wrote and wrote. It was a few minutes later when I held the seven papers written on both sides. I clipped them together and folded them then brought it up to my shaky lips. I held it close with tears falling down on the paper. My eyes opened, lowering it down, my red lipstick left on the paper. I folded it and placed it in the envelop which I had placed a small pare where I had sprayed my perfume. I took the small paper out, sliding the letter in and closing shut. I sighed, writing on the outside of the envelop.

There was nothing as painful as planning for your husband's death or even your own. I sat there for the longest of time my mind seeming to have left me. The time ticked away, hours taken with dread falling on me for the more the hours ate away the nearer we would be to the war. I picked up my phone, dialling a number and holding onto the phone as it rang.

"Always a pleasure getting a call from you."

"Hi Alex," I said, sniffling.

"Hi, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I want to ask you something."

"Yeah?"

"We need your troops, you promised to always be there when I called and now I am calling on this alliance." I stated as I swallowed.

"I like you, really I do but it doesn't work that way. Our alliance is for when you, the Rosewood name is challenged."

"Please Alex, I am being challenged, anyone who threatens Rafael threatens me. We need you, please." I tried again.

"Lethu, I was promised you would not be killed, that is all that I need. I like you guys but do you know what I will gain with Rafael's death." Alex replied.

"So its like that, you can just trade us when you want to. Wow, if we die no one will be left to take care of Red and you will have to take her in again." I spat.

"No one is killing you Lethu, I already said."

"If you kill my husband then you kill me. I will take my life, I won't be able to live without him and you will be stuck with Red." I said.

"Shit, you would really be that stupid?" He asked.

"Yeah, I love him Alex and I really thought me and you were so close but I guess not." I said, adding a sniffle in there for convincing.

"We are close, I like you guys, you guys are like my friends, okay then. I will tell my troops to track down, they are already there."

"Thank you Alex, how many are they?" I asked.

"Two thousand."

"What!? And those are just yours, is this a war or are we acting lord of the rings?" I asked truly shocked at the number.

"This is not war, this is a massacre. Klaus is determined to not leave anything walking in there and people say I am the crazy one." He said having me shake in fear, if Alex on his own had brought two thousand then how many people were we going to fight. They would be too many for us.

"Can you bring in more?" I asked.

"Lethu, it seems like you want my baby I swear, two thousand is a large number."

"I already have your baby. Please, come on, I know you can spare more, me and you are like the best of friends. You walked me down the aisle, we are practically family and I love you so much." I said determined to have my way one way or the other.

"Okay, I will send a thousand more."

"Will you not come?" I asked.

"No, I don't fight wars that are not mine." He replied.

"But it is yours, someone is threatening your family, threatening me and what if by some mistake they kill me. You will never see me again while if you are here you can keep an eye on me yourself." I said, smiling at how conniving I was being, I was playing with his obsession with me, poor Alex, never had a chance.

"You are evil you know." He replied back.

"Only to you, now what about Elijah, he is also in the deal isn't he?" I asked, if we got Elijah too then Klaus would be on his own and we would kick his ass.

"No, me and Elijah are no longer in partnership." Alex replied back.

"Why? What happened?" I asked suddenly realizing why he was so clingy to us.

"I slept with his younger sister, took her home and on the way got in an accident. It was not my fault that she did not have a seat belt on, she went flying from the window." Alex said it so casually having me gasp not even sure what to say as my eyes were wide in horror.

"H...how is she? Did she survive?" I asked in horror.

"Yeah, she has a spine problem though." He said back having me gasp again.

"Oohh lord, how old she?" I asked.

"Sixteen." He answered casually.

"Alex, they should arrest you."

"Hey, whose side are you on?"

"There are no sides Alex, what you did is so wrong in so many levels. You slept with his sister which on its own is just wrong and she was sixteen. What were you thinking?"

"I was drunk, we met at a club and she went full force on me now I am not a monk and it is not my fault that cats ran in the road at night out of nowhere, she had to have clipped her seatbelt on." Alex said back sure he was right.

"No Alex, you need to apologize, you need to make things right and be there, try to apologize and support the girl with any finances needing." I said not sure of what else to say, what could he do to make this right? There was truly nothing he could say or do.

"But I did nothing wrong!" He shot through.

"Stop throwing a tantrum and do as I say." I stated through the phone, listening as it went quiet for a long while.

"Okay, this is not my day." He said back and I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"I told a girl in this club that her boobs were so small she should go and put some silicon and she poured her drink on me and now my skin is sticky."

"Well you should not have said that." I said back.

"Why? I was helping her."

"No, you were not, next time you have a comment on someone's body feature you should keep it to yourself hey." I said back.

"Okay, what about when people call me a psychopath and crazy?" He asked.

"Just walk away from them, you are one of the most successful people in the world and you should just think of that." I said.

"Okay, I don't want to be weird anymore. People say I am crazy and I don't like it then I kill them and then I am the bad guy." He said having me nearly coo at his words. He sounded so sweet and I swear I had not adopted one baby but two.

"You are not weird love, you are special. Being different doesn't make you weird and you are not crazy, just lacking of emotion and sense of right or wrong but don't worry I will be your compass." I said smiling.

"Okay then, I will see you tomorrow morning. I am in Italy, what should I bring you?" He asked as I arched a brow.

"Nothing, just bring yourself." I said back.

"I will bring something." He said and like that the call was cut leaving me staring at it still shocked at this force of a wicked human being.