Chapter 19

"Hi," said my voice just sounding so soft not knowing where that came from.

"Hey," Everything was silent his voice gracing my ears in such a chilled and low tone making me nearly swoon . I mean how could I stay sane and keep my feelings on check when this man sent me to heaven with his amazing voice that warmed me up like a cup of coffee in winter.

"How did you know I would be awake?" I asked him all the fear gone his voice bringing the security I just needed.

"I just knew" He said back it seeming as if he was in bed just as I was.

"How did it go?" I asked feeling so warm where I lay.

"Well it did not go as smoothly as your side went so I had to make an example or maybe three."

"Of course you did," I said smiling while shaking my head at how this men just could not stay away from violence.

"I am done in Frankfurt with everything ready so now I am heading to Chicago with the team that will be working there."

"Okay, you should get some rest and eat." I said honestly worried as this man barely slept with nothing but business filling his mind.

"Yeah, how are things there?"

"Everything is running smoothly here, too smooth if you ask me. The men were all in their station when I got up at seven, the rest training and basically just following all the rules."

"That is good, "He replied followed by awkward silence knowing that there was nothing left to say but not wanting to cut the line.

"I will call you tomorrow for an update then,"

"Yeah, okay and I promise I will wake up to train in the morning." I said giggling a little.

"You have three hours left then, get some sleep little bird." He said and just like that the line was cut leaving me holding the phone in my hand then burying it in my chest feeling it warm me up as sleep claimed me.

The week went by with me burying myself deeper and deeper into my work barely sleeping two hours and working out with Will who did not even know how to do a press up but it was okay, it all kept me going but I just looked more and more like the dead just walking through life. We were left with just twenty million with the one hundred and twenty million gone and basically just sitting on the tip of our seats waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Rafael would send texts on updates with occasional calls that did not last more than two minutes but besides that nothing. He had not called last night making me worry if everything was okay and hoping nothing bad had happened. I sat in my chair the only source of light being my laptop with earphones I had snatched from Will as he had too many not even knowing what he would do with them, plugged in. My library was full of songs thank the lord we listened to the same kind of music so right now I sat on the desk eyes on the screen moving my head now and again singing when I knew that certain part. I was trying to balance out the accounts budgeting the money that was left making sure that the important things would be covered leaving the rest to just fill gaps where they had been left. My music suddenly paused the phone ringing as it vibrated on the desk making me frown at that my favourite part of the sing was just cut off yet excited at the same time because there was only one person who called me.

"Hi," I said nervous a little.

"Please come to the gate before I kill a lot of people," He cut the line making me sit there in confusion before I took my key card deciding to check it out. I took the elevator down getting to the first floor walking out of the door my bare feet tapping on the cold ground my arms wrapped around my body which was only covered by a red shirt.