Chapter 24

RAFAEL'S P.O.V
I sat in the darkness, the furthest corner there was a shadow in the darkness. My eyes never moved from the bed, never trailing away and watching her as if she would bust into thin air but I was here, I was here to make sure that nothing happened to her, not on my watch.

You would think that after a week of sitting in the darkness, of sitting in silence my anger would have toned down reason taking the driver's seat but fuck no. I was so mad that my hands shook on my side where they hung fists clenched ready to pounce on anyone. I felt like a rabid dog losing the last piece of my humanity. Anger and pain had been my normal for too long but what I felt right now, what I felt right here staring at the pale girl was something else, it was something so dangerous, a new level even for me. It was bloodlust, the need to see blood seep out of my victim my hands covered in their blood. I felt my cage rattle, felt the screws in my head unwind as the cage shook more and more violently with each passing day. I was losing it and I knew it, lord have mercy on everyone in this house if this girl did not wake up anytime soon.

I could feel myself going over the edge the scales tipping not to the favour of my sanity. Loss was something that I took hard even at a young age and the loss of this girl would be the blow of it all sending my humanity and sanity out of the door as I would spiral out of control. I could not stand this, could not stand this at all. It seemed I kept losing everything and it got to the point where I did not care anymore. I wanted blood and wanted it like yesterday.

The time was ticking away as I sat there in the shadows the sound of the machines drowned out with the only thing being heard my loudly beating heart and laboured breathing. I could hear footsteps on the other side of the door yet no one dared to walk in as they would face my wrath which the doctor had been a victim of too many times.

I did not even know why I was so worked out about this scrawny girl who lay on that bed her dark curls spread all over the pillow, her brown skin getting more and more pale with each day as her grave was dug deeper and deeper each day. I sighed my hand going over my un-kept hair that had tortured the girl too many times. I shook my head thoughts flashing over to how this girl kept on defying me, kept surprising me really. Didn't she know who I was, didn't she know what I could do to her, and I shook my head again thinking of her stupidity to even consider him as an ally. I would ruin her and bring her to ashes, I was sick and I knew it, I was dangerous, a man with a bloodlust and itch for destruction- a monster indeed. I tipped my head the phone in my pocket vibrating making me pull it out to read then reply the text.

Me being here was not ideal or smart for so many reasons, things were still on the ground and I needed to be there looking everything over protecting everything with work piling up but I could care two shits about my business, the mafia nor the house at this point. I was tired of feeling sorry and trying to keep my head down, if people wanted to fuck with me then I dared them. I had been too kind, loss and pain kept me hinged but it was time to unleash my beast, it was time I took the reins and showed everyone who the fuck I was because they seemed to have forgotten.

A smirk spread across my face as I sat back welcoming the pain as it hit hard. I felt my world shake, everything being blurry with my head splitting into two the pain moving in waves with the scars throbbing my skin flaming as if it was on fire. My hands shook, skin paled yet I could not help the smile making its way to my face.

I was back and no one was safe.
Thanking my little bird would be the first thing I would do. The girl had ran into my life grabbing me by the balls and knocking the sense back into me. She gave me the reason to fight, gave me a reason to keep breathing, gave me direction helping me build my empire back not expecting anything in return and that was something I could respect, someone I could fight for.