Chapter 79

Amber watched as Joel whispered something to Samuel and the boy reacted by giggling with pink cheeks. Amber side-glanced at Luna, who had tears in her eyes as her mouth hung open. No, no, no! She had just came out about being good! Why did this have to happen? What was wrong with Samuel?!

The two boys obviously didn't know Luna and Amber were there, since they continued to mindlessly flirt with the other. Amber was terrified of the idea of the two kissing before Luna, and she wanted to stop them before they did, but she wasn't sure how.

Had Samuel been cheating on Luna the entire time he was dating her? Amber hadn't really noticed any signs from the two boys that they might have had a thing, but Amber recalled what Luna had told her not long ago. She had told Amber she wasn't sure he was loyal. Did she think it was Joel who he was cheating on her for?

"Samuel..." Luna softly said.

Both the boys whirled their heads to stare at Luna and Amber. Joel immediately jumped off Samuel, and Amber narrowed her eyes at him. Wasn't he supposed to be the good guy here?! What the fuck was he thinking?

"Luna...Luna! It isn't what you think, I promise, I'm-"

"Then what is it exactly, Samuel?!" Luna asked sternly.

"It..." Samuel paused to glace at Joel, whose face had flushed and seemed to have no color. "We were just talking."

Amber wanted to scream at Samuel for trying to lie. They had seen what they were doing!

"That was not just talking!" Luna fought. "And I've seen the way you two always look at each other. But I don't understand. Aren't you straight?!"

Samuel slowly shrugged as he watched Luna. "I mean...I thought I was. But then I met Joel, and..." Samuel trailed off as he shook his head viciously. After doing so, he took a step close to Luna. "But Luna, you mean so much more than he does."

Joel's expression dropped cold. "Hey! You told me I meant much more to you than she did."

Amber's mouth was on the floor in total shock. What was wrong with these boys?! And since when was Joel even gay? Amber knew he wasn't all into relationships, so she had never figured he was in one. Especially with a guy; he didn't seem to be like that.

Samuel looked to be speechless as he glanced back and forth between Luna and Joel. Luna suddenly squirmed her arm out of Amber's. Amber watched in awe as she furiously ripped off the ring on her finger.

"Well you can just take this back, you prick!" She barked as she chucked the ring at his face.

As Luna stomped her way into her room, Samuel picked the ring off from the floor and ran over to her. "Luna, put this back on. You're being ridiculous! I love you; you know that."

Luna whirled around on her heel, and Amber knew shit was about to go down. Joel stood still in the same position he had been in for quite some time, making Amber wonder what he was thinking.

Luna didn't speak a word before raising her hand to bring it back down against Samuel's cheek. Amber flinched just from her watching place. The slap echoed throughout the hallway, and Samuel grunted almost just as loud. Amber could relate to the pain Samuel was feeling. She knew how bad those slaps were.

To top the action off, Luna gave him the middle finger before turning and storming into her room.

Samuel was rubbing his red cheek as he chased Luna inside the room, pronouncing loud but pointless pleas.

It was then just Amber and Joel left in the hallway, and her uncle slowly turned his focus onto her with wide eyes.

Amber opposed his eye position as she glared at him. "I ought to slap you, too."