Chapter 53

Amber found it unfair that Luna was forcing her to go to school when she was still recovering. It was Tuesday now, and Luna insisted Amber was just fine. She might have been physically fine: she was rested, her foot did not ache as bad, and her stitches were'nt hurting. But mentally, she was completely unprepared for a new day at school. She could not handle anymore drama that had already been given to her.

But there she was, in the car with Luna on her way to Dark Shadows. She had managed to avoid Eva up until that morning, but it's not like they spoke, they only stared at one another, not knowing what was to be said.

Amber sighed and leaned her head against the window. It was September first. Amber had been here for two months now, although it seemed more than twice that amount of time.

"Be good," Luna told Amber in monotone as she climbed out of the car. The woman had lectured her ever since she had left the hospital, so the only up side to going back to school was getting away from her mistress. Oh, and of course, the possibility of seeing Hailey. At the thought of Hailey and wondering if she was back, Amber remembered something she had completely forgotten about: Detention! She was suppose to have it for a week, but now it was too late to go, as the school day was about to begin.

"Amber?"

Amber blinked, realizing she was still standing beside the car. "Oh...Bye Miss Luna," she said before shutting the car door.

She ran as fast as she could inside the school and glanced at a clock and almost began to cry. She had missed the entire detention time.

Amber sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she made her way to her locker then first period. Hopefully Hailey would understand...if she was even in the building. Unlike Amber, she did not have anyone to force her to go to school a day after leaving the hospital.

As Amber sat in English class, she blocked out her teacher with other thoughts. How was such a gorgeous and wonderful woman like Hailey single? Who could pass that beauty up? And what would they say to each other the next time they were together? They for sure had something; whenever Amber saw her, she had the extreme urge to kiss her.

"Amber!" A female voice whispered from beside her.

Amber followed it and found a red-headed girl to be peering at her. She did not say anything else, but her grey eyes stared right at her.

"Uh, yes?" Amber asked, shifting uncomfortably in her desk. This girl just looked creepy.

"How are you doing?" She asked and her eyes darted down to the black cast which wrapped around Amber's ankle. "I saw what happened on the news."

Amber gaped at the girl. "On the news?! I was on the news?"

She watched as the girl blankly nodded. "It looked like an awful crash."

Amber was going to speak but was cut off by the teacher's scoldings. She did not bother to acknowledge him, though, as she tried to imagine what the news had said. Did they know Hailey was Amber's teacher? Did they know they were kissing right before they collided with that tree?!

Amber's heart was pounding and she jumped as the bell rang. She was now completely paranoid about what the staff might think, but then again, this town might not even know who Amber was. She did not live here. She was kidnapped for Heaven's sake!

Despite what the town thought and did not know, the school was aware of her identity and who she was. She wished she had pulled more information out of that creepy ginger.

She was practically shaking as she entered Hailey's classroom. Her eyes flashed directly towards the woman's desk and landed on her, clad in a loose and short cheetah skirt with a black tank. Her feet were halfway exposed as they sat in black flats and her hair was pulled into a loose ponytail, with tiny curls dancing around her face with each movement. The large bruise on her face had faded, but it was still quite noticeable. Amber knew vampires healed quickly, and was thankful she was half of one for this.