Chapter 6

3rd Pov

Meliodas and the others had just been rescued from Monspiet's attack by Hawk's Mom

Hawk: Oh man, I came this close to being turned into a whole roast there!

Meliodas: But seriously, you're unbelievable, Hawk's Mom! To swallow that intense magical power in a single gulp!

King: Maybe a little too unbelievable, don't you think?

Merlin seemed to be thinking about something, then spoke

Merlin: Captain, I would advise a change of direction.

King: Hold on, Merlin! That's not what I agreed to! If you don't want to look for Diane, I'm going off on my own!

Merlin: I understand how you feel, but calm down, King. But Diane's presence has faded, along with whoever was facing the Ten Commandments. And right before we were attacked, too. Most likely, they're both safe. But if we were to recklessy approach them now, we would put Diane in danger.

King was frustrated but Meliodas reassured him

Meliodas: We're definitely going to rescue Diane! All of us together, okay?

King: Captain...

Meliodas: Anyway, Merlin, a change of direction means you have somewhere else in mind, right?

Merlin: Right now, our top priority is to power up so we can fight the Ten Commandments. And to start...

Hawk: We'll have a meal, right?

Merlin: I'm going to give you back the power I stole from you, Captain.

Everyone was shocked and Meliodas looked serious

Elizabeth: Sir Meliodas' power?

Merlin: I did so because the captain's power was too overwhelming and dangerous. That's why the captain had to constantly keep his emotions in check so his powers wouldn't run rampant.

Hawk: But it's not like he hasn't gone berserk more than once before, right?

Merlin: Those times? In terms of his true power, what you saw was merely the dregs

Hawk: Merely the dregs, she said!

Meliodas: well, excuse me.

Merlin: Ten years ago, In the midst of the drama surrounding our exile, when a certain young girl was seriously injured trying to help us, the captain started to lose control.