Chapter Eight: Missing Me

Marks POV

I told Glen he should go home and rest, he's been through a lot and he's holding it in. I am particularly worried about the whole seeing Danny situation, he probably just needs to relax after hitting his head. After many protests he finally gave in and went home, I left Ailish and the rest of the O'Donoghues for some privacy.

I walk to Rina's room, I hear screaming.
"GET AWAY FROM ME!!"
"Hey, hey it's okay, please calm down-" Someone says clearly panicking. I run towards her.
"Hey! Get away yo-"
My feet stop, my heart hammering through my chest. Glen was right....but how? Everything is silent.
"Danny?" I say dumbfounded.
He stares at me, with no blood on his face,  he looks younger and cleaner...like how he looked when we recorded our first song ever in that tiny garage we could barely fit in.

"Hey Mark," he said with a goofy grin. He's dead....he's dead...
"B-but..but..how?" I stutter in shock, I look at Rina she too looks equally confused and scared.
"It's a long story...well not really all I have to do is a mission," Danny says bouncing on his feet, he looks cheerful? Well, he always has been a cheerful person, but this was weird. I find myself not being able to stand any longer and collapse on the chair nearby.

"Dan, I'm so so sorry, will you forgive me" I cry, letting tears fall down for the nth time today.
"Why do you blame yourself? It's not your fault." He says looking sad now, he walks towards me and kneels down.
"But if I didn't push you, we wouldn't be in this mess and your goofy arse could be here for life," I say struggling, he smiles at me.
"If I didn't try to put your window down then I wouldn't be dead." He said, smiling weakly "nice to know about my goofy arse though"
"Um..Dan I'm sorry, it's just Mark told me you were..you know..and I thought I was dead too..." Rina said looking paler than before.
"It's okay, all forgiven," Danny says, "don't worry about it"

Glen walks in, he freezes instantly dropping his jaw then he started to panic and points at Danny.
"See! He's right there!" He says looking at me as if I was the mental one.
"It's okay Glen, this time I can see him,"

A few minutes later...
Danny's POV

"So you have a mission to reunite someone who is lost?" Glen asked raising an eyebrow
"Yep" I replied nodding.
"Do you even know how you're going to do that?" Asked Mark who looked confused.
"Nope," I say shaking my head.
"Do you even have a plan?" Asked Rina, who still looked a little bit scared.
"Nope," I said.
"Do you even know who this person is?" Glen asks.
"No"
"So...then you're probably never going to move on," Rina says slowly.

"I mean I'm sure it can't be too hard right?"
It stays silent, my dad has joined in and is standing next to Mark.
"Hey, son, I think it's time to leave, shall we?" He asks me.
We begin to fade together, I look back at Mark and Glen.
"No! No! Wait! Guys, I'll be ba.-"

I found myself walking in a tunnel-like corridor, I see quick flashes of images.
"What is this place?" I ask dad, we continue to walk in the tunnel. I see a quick flash of Mark and Glen laughing in the studio, then it changes to mum and dad together with my other siblings attempting to take our family portrait. I see one of the first time I rode my bike and managed to ride into the bushes.
"These are my memories, aren't they?" I asked dad. He nods quickly, looking at a memory of me  learning to ride my bike, and he chuckles ("you were always such a clumsy boy, I was always worried you were going to kill yourself")
"Why are we here?" I ask.
"Because we are going to learn how to help your mother and your sibling's cope. Learn how to make them happy again." He said.
"How long will it take?"
"However long it takes to make them happy. I'm sure that's what you want" he says looking concerned.
"Forever and always" I reply smiling, as we walk down my memories and laugh at my idiot self when I was younger.