Prologue: Recollection

A/N majority of this book is of Danny's Perspective aka Point Of View (POV) but it will change perspectives occasionally.

I miss it...I yearn for it...just the feeling of life, the feeling of blood pumping through my veins and my heart beating, pumping life into my body. Darkness engulfs me and although I can't feel it I can still get a sense of the rain falling upon the many people gathered around the grave where my body has been laid to rest. Typical that it rains on my funeral of all days. I can see Glen and Mark standing side by side, with solemn expressions as if trying hard not to cry. Rina's fingers intertwined with Mark's as she silently cries into a handkerchief.
I see Ben and Rodney and the rest of our crew standing further back from Glen and Mark, each of them holding one red rose in their hands. With a pang of my, no longer beating, heart I see my mother bawling her eyes out into Ian's chest. Andrea and Vicky place their hands upon mums shoulder as silent tears fall down their cheeks. I can see my former workers from The Voice amongst the crowd, alongside the many others that I once knew and was close with. My headstone is a marble black engraved with the following:

"Daniel John Mark Luke O'Donoghue lays here,
an awesome pianist, amazing sibling, son, and friend.
May he rest in peace and god be with him"

I watch as they lower the casket slowly to the freshly dug ground, bringing back the memories of when they buried dad. I continue to watch my body lower towards the ground when Ian throws in a red rose, I watch in surprise as the rest of my siblings throw a red rose each. Suddenly everyone had thrown in red roses, Glen and Mark being the last ones to throw their own.
Mum steps forward, tears falling down her eyes onto the ground, she shakes uncontrollably as she throws in one single white rose.

"You were always the one that stood out in the crowd..." She sobbed, Dara, hugging mum supportively as she collapsed into tears.
I walk towards my mum, tears in my own eyes, and as I'm about to reach out to her I reluctantly withdraw back. I turn my back on my family and friends and slowly walk away with tears bursting out of my eyes.

"Goodbye"

*************************

Hello!
So this is the new and improved version since this was one of the first books I wrote around two years ago...so it was really bad.
But please vote and comment if you like the new improved version!
Thank you