Chapter Four: Hard Times

"Male patient; has been identified as Daniel John Mark Luke O'Donoghue."
"Please call me Danny, I hate it when you call me Daniel." I try to say but words won't come out of my mouth, my eyes are covered in blood..is it my own? Is it someone else? My head is throbbing painfully, I try to turn my head but have no luck.
"Glen pass me the painkillers."
I try to say again but my mouth won't move. What's happening? What going on? Where am I? How wasted did I get? I think back but can't recounter the past events, where is Mark? Glen? And Ben? I swear we were just in the studio a few minutes ago.....
"Sir he is losing too much blood!" I hear someone scream. Who's losing too much blood?
My eyes get cleared and I'm blinded by a white light, the light in hospitals. Doctors' faces coming at me, it's like in the movies...they put a torch to my eye, the tiny light moving side to side. 
"Can you hear me?" One of them asks, and I struggle to respond. What is going on!?
"If you can, follow this light.." He says, his voice echoing through my brain.
I follow the light as it moves side to side, why do I have to follow the light? I was always told not to follow it.
"He is still alive get him to an O.R. stat!" a male screams loudly as it all turns blank around me.

Glen's POV

"Sir, please sit down!" a small and timid nurse pleads desperately to Mark, trying to calm him down. He angrily glares at the nurse as she cowers slightly, I can feel the anger radiating from him. I know that it's best to leave him alone when he is angry like this, but right now we don't have time to be behaving like this.
"Mark just sit down be pait-"
"WHY CAN'T I SEE HER?" He screams furiously, people staring whilst others looked terrified.
"B-because she's in surgery..." The nurse squeaks, holding the clipboard to her chest. The poor girl shakes as his knees buckle slightly. 
He starts to weep again, sinking back onto the chair and holding his head in his hands.

"It's all my fault all my fault." 

"Hey, listen to me, Mark. It's okay they'll both be fine, the only thing we can do right now is to be there when they wake up. You need some rest as well." I say calmly rubbing his back.
"But before he gets any form of rest, he will need stitches for his head. As for you, you need a sling for that broken arm of yours. Which should've been done as soon as you got here". I look up and see the young nurse that was with me in the ambulance truck.  She smiles warmly at me, I can't help but feel a small tingle. She turns away and talks to a few other nurses and points toward the two of us. A few minutes later she returns with the nurses and tends to Me and Mark, she bandages my arm and gently puts it into a sling.

"I think we showed examine you one more time to ensure that everything is okay." She tells me, giving me another warm smile. I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks, as I nod quickly. She gives me a small pat on my shoulder and walks off once more. I smile slightly, but then my mind begins to drift, I still can't get the images of Danny's face when he was on the hood of the car, that fear his normally cheerful face held. The blood that covered his hazel eyes and how it saturated the hair he loves so much. We just made our fourth album, and it seemed like it was years ago that we had finished our tour when in reality we only got off a couple of weeks ago. 

"Hey, how are you holding up?" the timid nurse from before asks.
"I'm alright is there any good news?" I ask her hopefully. Hoping to hear that Danny and Rina made it okay. That the four of us can make it home together.
"Sorry no news on Mr. O'Donoghue, but I was sent here to let Mark Sheehan know that his wife is okay and out of surgery and that you can see her." She says looking sideward towards Mark.
"Thank you," I say gratefully. I let out a breath of relief, praying that Danny can make it out.

Mark's POV

Glen and I sit beside Rina's bedside in silence, not moving a muscle. The sound of the heart rate monitor makes me feel more anxious. I sit there crying like an idiot, the last time I cried this heavily was when my mum and dad died, the pain and guilt are back within me now. 
"Where's Dan?" I say silently not making eye contact with Glen.
"He's getting help. It's okay he will pull through" Glen said, sounding unsure and scared. But he tries to sound strong when deep down he is struggling as well.
"It's my fault, all my fault!" I whisper, "If I just didn't resist against Danny...we wouldn't be in this mess-"

"This isn't your fault Mark, these things happen. Danny will pull through...we just have to believe he will. I wrap my arm around his shoulder, giving him a one-armed hug. I can only pray that Danny will be okay... please...

The O'Donoghue Mission [Rewritten]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara