Chapter 35: Party

Start from the beginning

There were countless toys, blankets, puppy training pads, balls, stuffed animals - you name it, she probably had it. But the one thing that amazed me the most was the castle that Sarah had bought for Luna as her bed.

It was huge. So big I'm pretty sure it had a second floor.

The mini (but not so mini) dog building stood to at least the same height as Calla and she's 5'3. I had no idea why a dog would need that much space but it was funny how spoilt Luna was and how much stuff she had compared to the little amount of objects Sarah had where she worked.

Sarah is an events planner. She organises parties (both personal and business), gender reveals, weddings, stag and hen do's, basically she covers all bases when it comes to important dates.

When I first worked for her, she would always tell me about how hard she had to work. She would have to do hours of advertising and leafletting. She would land little jobs like a kid's party, but nothing big.

That was until she landed a big party for a worldwide known music artist a few years back. It was an afterparty for the last concert of their world tour. I had never personally heard of them but she said that they were a massive name back in the 80s and very well known, so when Sarah successfully pulled off the event, she had loads of other famous people booking her for their own stuff – even personal stuff like weddings.

Up until that one booking, she wasn't even paying herself a wage, she was investing all her profit into advertising and now she's one of the most well-known party planners.

I have a lot of respect for her. She worked her ass off and it payed off. Most people would have given up but she didn't.

Sarah sat in her chair typing ferociously on her keyboard, adding more figures to the spreadsheet that was half completed. I quickly glanced at the title of what she was working on. It was another party for someone famous, only this time, I recognised the surname.

I thought hard about where I knew the name from but soon gave up. It wasn't really that important.

By the looks of the items that Sarah had to buy, it was a little girls birthday party and I almost choked when I saw the budget the people had given Sarah to work with.

$10,000 on a child's birthday party? That was an extreme amount of money to be spending on a party full of children. But then again, some people have so much money they don't know what to do with it.

"What's this then?" I asked curiously, trying to get the most information out of her I could.

She stopped typing like her life depended on it, and turned around so that she was facing me, "What?" She sounded confused.

"On the screen. Another big one?" I walked so that I was stood on the right of where she was sat. On the second spreadsheet on the third screen, there was a list of invites that consisted of well over one hundred people.

"A child's tenth birthday party. Your new project."

It took me a while to realise what she had said. My project? What?

She must have seen the confusion on my face as she laughed, "I'm giving you this job," she clarified, making me look at her with the most confusion.

"Wha- What do you mean?"

"Well, you've been working a lot recently and I thought that it would make more sense to put you on a job like this rather than the little odds and ends of other things."

I didn't know what to say. I was actually speechless for once in my life. I just stood there. I probably looked really stupid but I had nothing to say. That's a lie, I had plenty to say but not one thing was coming out.

"It's an easy event, perfect for your first time. It's a girls tenth birthday party and you have a lot of money to work with. It's perfect for you, if you want to take it."

"Of course!"

Never ever did I expect something like this to happen, especially to me. I have always shown interest in how Sarah would organise and plan an event when they would give her little to no information and yet, she would still get it perfect. To think now that that pressure is on me scared me but also excited me. Being an event's organiser had been my dream job for a few years now and seeing it actually turning into a reality was strange.

"Great. You can start with the work tomorrow as everything needs to be ready in a few weeks. What did you originally come in to say?"

Oh yeah, Darius.

I took a step back, no longer standing next to her before I spoke, "I was wondering if I could leave early?" For some reason that I couldn't work out, I felt nervous for her reply.

It wouldn't have exactly mattered if she said no, so why was I worried?

"Sure. When do you want to leave?"

I let out a small sigh of relief and twisted the ring that was on my pinky finger, "Uh right now?"

She swivelled back round in her chair and returned to typing, "Sure. Have fun."

"Thank you!"

I almost skipped out of her office and into my own, I wasn't expecting her to allow me to leave that easily. I was expecting some type of resistance. I shoved everything into my bag, chucking my rubbish into the bin and exited her front door. I entered the elevator and unlocked my phone with the intention to send a quick text to Darius, letting him know I was free.

(I) I'm omw now

I saw that he had read the message instantly and pocketed my phone. I grabbed the car keys out from the very bottom of my bag and drove to the park.  

(A/N) Sorry for the wait, I had to catch up on writing as I had fallen behind. And sorry if there are any mistakes. This was completely rushed. 

Things seem to be going well for Ivy at the moment... Not going to lie, I'm kind of enjoying this break of not writing about a ton of drama. Not sure how long that's going to last though.

What's your dream job? I personally haven't got a clue what I would like to do yet :/