26. Day2- Bonding-I

Start from the beginning

Satyavati still smiled at Shikha. But this time a knowing smile came to her lips. She was seeing a girl who knows what his son likes and calling him by his name. She should be condemning Shikha for speaking of Mahamahim so casually, rather she likes it. Because Satyavati has seen Bheeshma looking covertly at Shikha when no one thought was looking. It was something she couldn't understand because if Bheeshma was still grieving for Amba, then what is this. And whatever is this, she is happy for him.

Satyavati still was guilty of Amba and wants to repent for her blunder of not letting her marrying to Bheeshma. At that time, the glittery-ness of Royal life and her father's ill-advise had made her vision hazed. But life changed. All thanks to Bheeshma.

Whoever this girl is, she is seeing her as her potential Daughter-in-law. For Bheeshma.

Seeing Mahamata smiling, Shikha was momentarily disoriented. "On the contrary, we could use Red and white both. It will enhance the beauty of the palace."

Satyavati was amused. A girl who knows her taste, but also adding someone else's(Bheeshma) liking in hers. "Perfect." Declared Satyavati.

The Decorators asked again.  "Where should we put this flowers???"

Both Satyavati & Shikha spoke in unison, "Left side."

They looked at each other and chuckled. Shikha for the first time felt very strange. A sudden liking of someone she was reluctant to like.

"Please do as Her highness, Princess Shikha says." Satyavati instructed the decorators.

They all nodded. They have started their work putting bunches and bunches of Red and white roses in the whole palace asking for Shikha's guidance.

Shikha wholeheartedly guided them. They went into their work.

Shikha and Satyavati walked side by side looking after the decorations.

Shikha was very curious about something and couldn't help herself from asking to Satyavati.
"If may ask you something Queen Majesty???"

"Sure." Satyavati replied.

"When I was little, I heard of you something..." Shikha asked inquisitively, "That you are a very political minded person and was very shrewd and haughty in what you wanted... Not my words ofcourse. But looking at you, I can only see that it may have been rumours. What's the truth then???"

Satyavati pondered over her questioning.

Shikha thought that she has offended her. "I didn't mean to offend you, Queen majesty."

Satyavati replied. "No. Not at all. The truth is..  both sides are true."

Shikha looked astoundingly at her.

Satyavati continued. "I was everything like that. Political, Shrewd, Haughty, Always-getting-what-I-wanted. But that was not the wrong thing. I has the knowledge to Rule. But the wrongness of the situation was that I was misguided by my father who wanted me to see as a Queen only.

        For many years I was just a Queen. But then I became Mother. And not just of Vichitravirya and Chitrangada (Younger son died very early) but also of Bheeshma's too.

     I admit I'd been very cruel to him earlier."

Yes, she was. Shikha was gazing at her flabbergasted.

Satyavati asked mockingly. "What!!! Have I shocked you???"

"A little bit. You h..hated Gangaputra????" Shikha stammered.

"No. Never actually. I was just scared of him." Satyavati shrugged.

"What???!!!" Now Shikha was shocked, for sure.

Satyavati smiled sadly. "I was scared that my sons could never be of Bheeshma's calibre. They could never had the Stature, Worth, Might, Strength, Competence, Capabilities, Perseverance and valor as that of Bheeshma. But then I realised that no one in this Earth can match or surpass him.

         Bheeshma with his pure-heartedness washed all my ill-will towards everything. Gangaputra. Who can wash all the negativities just like his mother, Ganga.

         He's the person who could make his enemy love with him."

Shikha asked impulsively,  "Then why didn't you allow him to marry???"

Satyavati said. "Because of my foolhardiness he is still suffering. I still regret it." Thinking of Amba, she commented, "I was her sinner too. If I can get a second chance, than I will ask for her forgiveness."

Shikha asked her in a choking voice. She already knows the answer. "Who???"

"Amba." Whispered Satyavati.

Shikha turned white.

Satyavati continued. "I never thought she would immolate herself in fire."

Satyavati felt a little dizzy and leaned on the pillar.

When Shikha saw it, she felt compassionate towards the woman she has felt avengeful. She rushed towards her immediately. Shikha hold her shoulders when she saw Satyavati falling. "Your Majesty! Are you alright???"

Taking a breath, Satyavati nodded.

Shikha helped her walked towards her chamber and made her lie on bed. She asked the guards for Raj-vaidya who came immediately as he resided in the same palace on lower chambers.

Raj-vaidya gave Satyavati medicine and said to take rest.

Shikha was hovering over her, concerned. "This palace is full of people, but no, you two have taken it upon yourselves to do all the things." Shikha said exasperatedly.

"Two???" Satyavati asked bemused. 

Shikha grunted. "You and Gangaputra. You two have overworked yourselves and had fallen sick. Now you, Your Majesty take a good bed rest, I would look after the preparation...  otherwise I would let you deal with your grandson, Radheya, who you know will nag you to the soul."

Satyavati chuckled. "Okay, Your highness. Whatever you say."

Your Highness, it reminds her of Gangaputra.

Disgruntled, Shikha advised Satyavati to take rest and left with Raj-vaidya.

Before leaving the room, Shikha turned and said to Mahamata. "I would like to thank you for accepting Radheya to your family. He deserves every happiness in his life."

Satyavati just smiled. "Thanks Your Gangaputra for it. He did it."

Shikha was stunned with her remark. Your Gangaputra. Never.

Shikha was shaking her head, "Not mine. Please rest."

Saying that, she left from there with so many confused thoughts battling in her mind.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️