39. Day4- Melting hearts- IV

Hiii my lovely readers... 😍😍😍😘😘😘
Happy Sunday 💗💗💗
***

Gangaputra- You are getting married???!!! And moreover.. to my kids?! Impossible.

Shikha was going to deny it instantly when she thought mischievously.

You have tormented me for many years. Now it's time for you to pay it back, Gangaputra. You deserves to be tormented. And... Yes, she is going to be married with this big Kuru kid. Undeniably.
Let him think the otherwise.

Shikha- Ofcourse I'm getting married. Why shouldn't I???!!! And why should I deny myself the pleasure of conjugal love! I haven't taken any "Bheeshma Pratigya" oath. You are going to be bachelor throughout your life. Why does you care if anyone is getting married or not??? To your family or not! Just give me one reason.

Gangaputra was hell-shocked. He can't reason with her.

The hammer struck rightly on the nail. She wanted him to be baffled and bothered. To think about the matter. And she hopes that someday, he will express his true feelings to her.

Gangaputra (sternly)- very well. You are a grown up girl capable of making your own decisions. I can't come against your decisions.

She knew he would say something like that.

Shikha(smiling)- We are all mere humans, Gangaputra. We can't be some divine god-like-creature living like you. And...

Gangaputra(curiously)- And???

Shikha(softly)- I would very much like that one day some man would love me, and not in half measures, but fully. And passionately. Like there would exist nothing but us. Like I'm his world.

Both went silent. Shikha was demanding things from him that he never could give her and the thought of her with someone else put acerbic taste in his mouth. He likes her but that doesn't mean that he has to broke his unbreakable vow for her. He couldn't. He had also reckoned her seduction game very earlier, as the freshness of the new emotions has let him going, to see what would happen next.

But he was stuck between his past and present.

Gangaputra said silently.

Gangaputra- Amba died because of me, Shikha. It still bothers me.

Shikha was stunned. Not because he's talking about Amba or calling her Shikha, but, he's opening up. Thank God, she prayed. He has to let go of his past. She would tell him about Amba but not now when Gangaputra and Shikha are tied by a very thin string of understanding.

Carefully, Shikha said to him.

Shikha- Gangaputra, understand this. Amba was a rejected princess. A rejected princess from everywhere. She was abducted from her own Swayamvar. That douche Shalva refused to take her back and humiliated her endlessly to save his so-called pride and ego. Her man(You) is not taking her back due to his terrible vow. She cannot go back to her father. She begged everyone to fight against you, but you couldn't be defeated, not even by your own Guru. Everyone was afraid of you and won't lift weapons against you. What is she supposed to do. Wait for you till eternity, when she had no hope of gaining her pride or you back???!!! She did what she thought was her only option at that time. I would have done the same, if I were on her place.

Gangaputra- Don't!

He said in a guttural voice. He put both his hands on the wall on either side of her. Breathing heavily. He couldn't even see the image of Shikha harming herself on his mind.

Shikha was standing there in an easy manner with her arms folded on her chest. He has to understand that he couldn't live in past.

She spoke calmly, maintaining a distance from him as she has no likeness to get pushed again.