"We decided to kidnap him, bring him to the base and call up the Kim's and exchange Dowon for money." Yuta said, playing with his fingers shamefully. "It was selfish of us, messing up the plan but you know Winwin and I have been pretty tight with money lately, so we wanted the extra cash when we could."

"Anyways, we kept Dowon locked up in the basement of the Python's Pit for a few days, waiting for someone to get back to us and eventually Mr. Kim did. He offered us a million dollars to trade his son.

"So that's why you stopped asking Jae for money." Jaehwa murmured. Yuta nodded.

"Anyways, we agreed and Mr. Kim came. We did the exchange but then Jaehyun found out." Yuta continued.

"He called us out of the room, leaving Mr. Kim and Dowon alone. He began scolding us about ruining the plan and he was in utter disbelief. But you know how Jaehyun is. Even when he's mad and wants to squeeze the life out of you, he'll take a breath and calm down and just tell you to get out of his sight. And that's what he did."

Jaehwa did know this fact about her brother. She knew it very well and wasn't the least bit surprised.

"But there was something odd though." Yuta said narrowing his eyes as he tried to recall that night. "When Winwin and I were getting ready to leave, we saw that Mr. Kim and Jaehyun were getting into a car together, Jaehyun carrying Dowon's body."

"Carrying his body?" Johnny asked. Yuta nodded.

"It was limp and folded over Jaehyun's shoulder. It was like the body was... lifeless.

Jaehwa exchanged looks with Johnny, both know that meant.

If Jaehyun wasn't the killer, then Mr. Kim was.

...

The next part was easy to determine. Johnny proceeded to question Winwin to see if his word matched Yuta's and sure enough, it did. That means they were on the right track.

Johnny had called Donghyuck again, this time to go through the basement cameras of the Python's Pit. Unfortunately though, it seems as though Jaehyun had some pretty good connections and the security around those videos were stronger than anything.

Donghyuck reassured them though, saying that it wasn't impossible, but it would take a few days. So during the meantime, Johnny moved to the next step.

"Why would Mr. Kim kill his own son?" Johnny asked the other two in the room. "It just doesn't make sense to me."

"There's definitely a better reason than trying to run away from the family and marry someone else." Mark said, tapping his pen on his desk. "You wouldn't kill the heir to your company for that."

"Johnny, you got a message." Jaehwa said, making Johnny's head spin. "It's from Doyoung."

Johnny quickly grabbed his phone from the girl, looking at the message Doyoung had sent.

"He wants to meet."

...

"I was not expecting you to chose this location." Johnny said, referring to the café.

"Well, it needed to be far and away from my father's eyes." Doyoung said, pulling out a folder from his bag. "And I think this is perfect."

From the corner of Johnny's eyes, he could tell that Taeyong was intensely staring at the two of them as they talked. Johnny chose to ignore him, focusing on Doyoung instead.

Johnny nodded his head. "So what did you want to tell me?"

"I remember Dowon's last words now." Doyoung said, opening up the folder. "He told me he had something important to tell me about father but he didn't have the time. He said he'll tell me eventually though, and then he left."

"So I went and took a look at the company's files and here's what I found." Doyoung said, passing him the papers.

Johnny's eyes widened at the sight of the numbers. "That's a lot of money."

"It is." Doyoung said. "And I think that's what my brother wanted to tell me. He must have found out."

"This?" Johnny exclaimed, holding up the papers. Doyoung nodded his head.

"Yes, my father's been illegally pocketing millions of dollars from the company."

———————————————————————————

Okay imma double update have fun