Chapter 17

Johnny thought he knew himself pretty well. He knew his strengths and his weaknesses, what he did best and what he was the worst at. He knew what he liked and what he didn't like. He knew what type of people to stay with and which ones to stay away from. But there, in that moment, it was like he didn't know himself at all.

He didn't know that he could kiss someone so passionately, feeling time slow down as they connected. He didn't know that he loved it when Jaehwa dug her fingers in his hair, lightly tugging on his roots as she pulled him closer to her. He didn't know how much he loved the sound that left the girls' lips as he lightly nibbled her bottom lip, a sound that was like music to his ears.

This is so wrong, Johnny thought as he panted, the two breaking apart from each other but the tension still lasting between them.

You're a detective and she's the twin sister of a gang leader.

Johnny was lost in a trance as Jaehwa's finger traced his jawline, the girl admiring his features from up close. He could feel her breath hot on his face as she breathed deeply.

Johnny, you need to stop this.

"I think I should go." Johnny said, breaking the moment they were having.

Jaehwa seemed to snap out of it as well, probably also accepting the reality of it all as she shoved his hands in the pockets of the hoodie she was wearing.

My hoodie.

"Yeah, it's getting late." Jaehwa said and Johnny quickly noticed the hint of sadness in her voice.

"I'll see you soon, though." Johnny said, hoping it would cheer the girl up. He smiled as Jaehwa's eyes seemed to light up at the sound of his words.

"See you." Jaehwa said as she opened up the door for him. "If you're bored, just shoot me a message. I don't really do much anyways."

Johnny let out a small laugh. "I wish I could be bored but I think I have enough work to keep me busy for a while. But if you're bored, just drop by the station."

"Sounds good." Jaehwa said as the awkwardly stood there, on either sides of the doorway.

It took one look into Jaehwa's eyes for Johnny to drop all the thoughts he had before, quickly holding Jaehwa's face in his hand as he pressed a quick and soft his on her lips before stepping back.

"Bye Jaehwa."

Johnny quickly walked away towards his car, getting in before he could let the girl convince him to stay with her any longer.

Ah, you're in trouble Johnny. Big trouble.

...

"You did what?" Sooyoung exclaimed, making Jaehwa immediately cover up the girl's mouth.

"Yah, be quiet or else the whole freaking gang will know." Jaehwa hissed as she removed her hand. "I just stayed over at his place. And we kissed. Maybe more than once. But nothing  else."

Sooyoung had a huge smirk on her face though as she looked at her friend.

"Wah, if I knew that all we needed to do was get Jaehyun off your back for you to find a guy as hot as Johnny. Seems like you got him all wrapped around his finger too."

"Don't talk about my brother like that or I'll personally kill you in my sleep." Jaehwa threatened, feeling satified when the smirk was immediately wiped off Sooyoung's face. "But I don't know, I don't think it's a good idea for us to be together."

"Why not?" Sooyoung asked, leaning over the bar.

Because he's a detective and we're a gang that sells drugs and covers it with a car wash.