Chapter 4

Jaehwa looked at her reflection through the window in Johnny's office.

This is really freaking weird.

Jaehwa had followed Ten's advice, swapping out her leather jacket and boots for something more neutral. She left her hoops in though, feeling that they went with her outfit.

It was a lot of beige which Jaehwa didn't actually own but surprisingly Jaehyun did

It was a lot of beige which Jaehwa didn't actually own but surprisingly Jaehyun did. The male was known for dressing in comfier clothes though, and sometimes deals with richer clients would require fancier clothes.

The trench coat was actually her mothers, Jaehwa had to dig through the boxes stored in the back of the trailer, old belongings of their parents.

Jaehwa hoped that this would change Johnny's opinion of her and was satisfied when the two males had do do a double take when they entered.

"Hey Mark, is it just me or does that girl sitting over there look like Jaehwa?" Jaehwa heard the detective whisper to his assistant.

Why are men so immature?

Jaehwa rolled her eyes. "Don't you two have anything better to do?"

Johnny chuckled. "Nevermind, I'm sure it's her now."

Johnny made his way over to where she was, taking a seat at his desk across from her. "Anyways, why did you come?"

"I wanted to help." Jaehwa told him.

"Help?" Johnny said, raising an eyebrow. Jaehwa nodded.

"Don't you have better things to do?" Mark asked her. "Like with the gang."

"Car wash." Jaehwa corrected. "And no. Normally I spend time with my brother. Which I can't really do right now."

"I don't think you can offer much help to us." Mark said as he began organizing the folders, which were a lot less now that Johnny had gotten rid of the extra cases. "What can you do anyways?"

"Um..." Jaehwa didn't know how to answer. She really didn't know much.

"That's alright." Johnny said, finally speaking. "You can join us."

"Really?" Jaehwa exclaimed. She was not expecting him to give in that easily.

"Yeah, I don't mind." Johnny said, giving her a small smile. "But do you know any hackers?"

Jaehwa's smile dropped from her face. "No I don't."

"That's unfortunate." Johnny said, turning back to his computer. "I could really use one right now."

For what? Jaehwa wanted to ask but didn't want to overstep.

"I know one." Mark said.

"Really?" Johnny said, perking up.