Chapter Nineteen

He found her sitting by herself at the bank of the lake and he took notice of how she had become fond of the lake. He began to contemplate if or not reaching out was a good idea. Yet, he walked slowly to where she was and stood beside her.

Realizing she wasn't aware of his presence, he sat beside her and looked at the moon that hung in the sky through the lake and sighed,

"She was my Noona, the only family I had left. I never knew our parents and didn't care because she took care of me. Nature was her first love and the solitude life, away from the village was her second.
I on the other hand was the opposite of her, she became a healer and I became a soldier, before every war she'd make bottles of medicines for me and my friends to carry along and if I sustained any injury, she'd treat and heal me." he paused to look at me whose attention was all in before he continued.

"I was at the camp during the heated war between our nation and the Ming Dynasty awaiting another battle cry when I received word that she was missing.  Nobody had seen her for days and there was no way I could return... to find her, " he stared at the lake looking lost and pained,

"After we lost the battle to the Ming Dynasty I rushed home to find my Noona, deciding I would come here for a start but I searched and searched for days and nights continuously through rain and snow, heat and cold but I didn't find her.

After weeks of relentlessly searching, I found her here in the woods where she loved so much, dead for days... " his voice hung with regret starting each sentence,

"If, if I had come sooner if I was there for her like she was for me. If I had searched harder if I had... " Ok, this wasn't going anywhere...

"Shhh... " I moved closer to him and held his hands before resting his hands on my lap.

"Regret is never going to help you here, you did the best you could do, she understands and loves you. Don't keep blaming yourself for anything out of your control and let go of things you can't change, like the past. Everything happens for a reason. " I encouraged and held him up by his shoulder.

"Life isn't a flower bed, it won't be good all the time but it’s up to us to make the most out of it. Don't always remember the sad days, she wouldn't want that instead she would want you to remember the good days and laugh always. What was her favorite word? " I smiled at him.

After a moment of thoughtful silence, he smiled and said,
"Aigoo.. " before he opened his eyes slowly to look into the jungle. Seeing my trick was working, I turned to him and made him sit like Buddha facing me.

"Now, close your eyes... " I whispered, 

"Remember the ways she'd always say it, the words and actions that would follow... The good times and joyful moments... ". Quietly, I left him for the waters while he explored his forgotten memories and I enjoyed seeing my trick working like -that-.

I sat a few meters from him and saw the striking resemblance he had with someone I had seen but who?? I thought.

"Not bad." I complimented him when I bent my head to an angle admiring his features. He wasn't the type of man you would say was handsome with just one look, he was the type you'd have to glance at the second time but his body screamed masculinity unlike the King, he is 'FINE!!!!'

Under the moonlight, he looks... Why does he always have to look so FINE under shed light? Like the fireplace, the kitchen even under the moonlight? And his scarred torso would look like tattoos.

"He didn't kidnap me, he said he found me on the mountain unconscious and left for dead or to be devoured by wolves, but how did I get from the palace to the mountain? I  guess have been seeing him the wrong way when he saved my life because it didn't seem like he was lying.