|13|

TARGET

Eva spent Wednesday walking around with a target on her back, the Gryffindors wanted to murder the girl but realistically they wouldn't be able to touch her. For once she was in an incredibly good mood all she needed was a good prank.

Eva and Adam were sat in muggle studies, now both weren't sure why they had taken it. Seeing as Adam was pureblood and Eva just didn't seem the type to want to learn about muggle devices or things.

Not to mention they were the only two Slytherin fifth years in the class, the rest were a scatter of muggle-borns from the other three houses and surprisingly Fred and George Weasley. Eva supposed it was alright she was in this class, although she didn't know her blood status.

It was kind of boring listening to Professor Burbage drone on about washing machines but when she moved onto music, Eva instantly began to pay attention. She would never admit it but sometimes George and Fred could be sort of funny in this class.

Burbage moved aside to let everyone gaze at the contraption laid out on the table, Eva's eyes widened although she caught a few of the muggle-borns laughing at her. Of course they would know what it was used for but Eva didn't and neither did Adam.

Before she could say anything a boyish voice interrupted her thoughts.

"You know not everyone knows what that is, no need to make fun of people for it" Eva looked up and saw Fred Weasley reprimanding the two Hufflepuffs who had been giggling at Eva.

Fred turned his attention to Eva and locked eyes with her stunning hazel orbs. He smiled boyishly at her, she couldn't help but smirk.

"Get much sleep last night Weasley?"

"Not a wink" he grinned back.

"Awe is the little boy all angry?" Eva pouted leaning over her desk.

"No but watch your back Smith, be alert at all times" Fred and George wiggled their eyebrows at the girl, she gulped their pranks were usually worse than hers.

"Now if Mr.Weasley and Ms.Smith are finished flirting, i'd like to turn your attention back to this object" Professor Burbage began.

"Sorry,flirting?" Eva exclaimed shocked.

"Don't worry professor, we'll do it secretly next time" he winked at Eva and began whispering in his brother's ear. Eva had no words, she felt an odd feeling.

"Flirting" Adam whispered into Eva's ear amusedly.

"Oh piss off, sod" Eva nudged the boy away. During the lesson Eva had learned about record players and vinyls, she could safely say her and Adam were obsessed with a band called Nirvana.

She kept secretly glancing at Fred, only to be caught a few times. Eva knew she'd never live it down. Her and Adam happily ran to the great hall for their free period, extremely excited to tell Jessie about the new band they had heard.

"Jess!"

"Jessica!" Both shouted,running in like loonies.

"We have to tell you something"

"Well what is it?" Jessie asked amused by her bestfriend's antics. The two sat on either side of the brunette and as soon as Eva spotted food she stuffed some in her mouth.

"Okay, so in muggle studies we" Eva gasped out in between mouthfuls, "she showed us a band called Nirvana and we're obsessed with them and you will be too".

"Was that all?" Jessie asked laughing, not exactly deeming it much important.

"Yeah, I suppose it was really" Adam interjected. Eva felt someone tap her shoulder, the trio span around only to be met by thirteen year old Harry Potter at the Slytherin table staring up at the two fifteen year olds and sixteen year old.

"Harry?" Eva asked suspiciously. He had a white piece of parchment in his right hand, that Eva paid attention to.

"Could I have a word?" Harry asked. The three looked at him waiting for him to speak.

"In private?" Harry sighed.

"Ah right, yes come on" Eva and Harry stood outside the great hall doors.

"What is it then?" Eva enquired bluntly, biting a piece out of her apple.

"Well my dad sent me a letter and he asked if I could read this section out to you?" Harry spoke cautiously almost wondering why his dad had mentioned the Slytherin.

"Oh okay go ahead"

"And Harry if you could, find Eva and tell her that Sirius and I are extremely sorry for leaving her so suddenly, something happened at home and we had to leave unexpectedly. I hope she doesn't think our family rude" Harry spoke although confused knowing nothing happened at home.

"I already thought your family was rude anyway, his letter doesn't change that"

"Hey!" Harry glared.

"Fine you're alright, happy now?"

"Can I ask why you were with dad and Padfoot?" Harry crossed his arms and stared at the girl.

Eva began to laugh, "sorry did you say Padfoot?" , " what kind of a name is that?".

"It's a nickname"

"Oh and they asked me to go to lunch"

"For what reason?" Harry asked unimpressed.

"They told me they were happy you and I were getting along or something" Harry smiled but knew he had not mentioned a word of that to his parents, now he was extremely suspicious.