|10|

DISCOVERIES

"I mean i'm all for free lunch but I find it weird you would invite me of all people, a STRANGER to lunch with you both" Eva questioned popping chips in her mouth.

"Eva be quiet, people might think we're nonces" Sirius whispered being the voice of reason for once in his life, Eva was clearly amused by his statement.

"Well are you?" Eva asked eyeing both of the men carefully. James' eyes widened, he never knew it would be this hard to get to know the girl.

"NO, no of course not" he giggled awkwardly.

"So why the lunch then, I wasn't exactly kind to you at the station" Eva added feeling slightly bad about how she had treated Harry and his family.

James panicked he had only asked her to lunch because he wanted a chance to get to know his daughter, he cringed once again he would have to use his son as an excuse.

"Any friend of Harry's, is a friend of ours" Sirius replied for James knowing his bestfriend hadn't a notion of what to say.

Eva thought it strange seeing as herself and Harry really weren't friends at all but decided not to question it.

"So Eva tell us about yourself?" James enquired gulping the rest of his butterbeer down anxiously.

"Err" Eva looked a bit uncomfortable, Sirius noticed her strange expression, he got the impression she didn't really want to say.

"How about you ask us a question and in return we get to ask you one?" Sirius added as an alternative.

"Okay but only because my bestfriend Adam would kill me if I didn't ask" She spoke hesitantly. Eva pondered for a moment, what to ask? Their was the obvious question.

"Okay why is it that the public portray you two as awful human beings but I can't help but think you radiate warmth, so much so it's sickening?"

James and Sirius snickered at the young girl eager to get gossip out of them.

"Because of that awful women, Rita Skeeter" James shuddered. Eva frowned she too had a run in with the vile women.

"Last year she did a piece on the orphanages for magical children, she harrassed me for about a full month, vile woman I nearly knocked her out" Eva laughed reminiscing on the memory. James and Sirius frowned at the mention of the orphanage.

"Orphanage?" James asked pretending not to know about the girls current living situation.

"Oh i'm an orphan, thought Harry might of told you, if you somehow found out about us being on alright terms"

"That must be awful" James spoke slowly.

"No it's fine really I don't know anything about my birth parents, not even their names only that my mother died" Eva told the two men, not entirely sure why she was opening up to them.

"And your father?" James asked looking Eva in her doe-shaped hazel orbs.

"Suppose he didn't want me" Eva pouted, although it was just a facial expression for Eva, James and Sirius looked like they had seen a ghost...

[Flashback] 1975

Sirius,James and Evangeline sat around the common room. Remus had been out studying with Lily Evans, while Peter was off god knows where.

Rather than doing homework or studying, the rather impulsive trio were chugging a bottle of firewhiskey Sirius had stole from Hogsmeade.

They had snook Evangeline into the common room, while it was said the two boys would never be caught dead with a Slytherin, she was always an exception.

Always convincing the boys to do things that would get the three of them in trouble, alas drinking on a school night. She had a very temperamental attitude that the boys could relate to but she could also be extremely rude.

"James just do it, it'll be funny" Evangeline attempted to convince James.

"She'll probably die of a heart attack" James tried to find a way out of the dare the two jad given him, Sirius and Evangeline had dared the boy to follow Lily Evans with his cloak and at the right moment scare her shitless.

"For me" Evangeline pouted.

[End of Flashback]

It was like looking at Evangeline, their facial structure, their signature pout and frown. It was all too much James, he felt like he was going crazy and having extreme deja vu.

Choosing to be impulsive, he jumped up catching the attention of Eva and Sirius.

"Is everything okay James?" Sirius asked, Eva was confused she had just felt like they were getting along maybe.

"We're leaving now" James didn't mean to snap but it came across as cold and mean, it didn't help he was making eye contact with Eva.

The two men rushed out leaving the teenager alone in her seat, this always happened, she opened up and then they would leave, always..

Eva Smith struggled, sadness was blinded with anger and she never could tell the two apart.