|48| p2

KNOW YOUR ENEMIES

"He hasn't appeared on the map well not since today anyway, I think he might be using Buckbeak to lure Harry in" Remus stated as the five of them sped down the large hill.

"Well if he hasn't been on the map where would he have been?" James asked, from Lily's side.

Suddenly it occurred to Eva why Pettigrew had been able to stay hidden all this time.

"Well it's obvious isn't it?" She asked them.

"Where's the place you go to when you don't want to be found?". Eva herself had much experience with the room and because of the complicated charms that seemed to be within it, it made sense why it couldn't show up on the map.

"The room of requirement, of course!" Remus shouted. "I'm not sure why I didn't think of that".

"Eva is clearly smarter than you mate" James told Remus with a proud smile on his handsome face.

"Not to be rude or anything but may I remind you of the task at hand, Harry you know could quite literally be in danger at this very moment".

"Sorry Lily" they all said as they sped up their pace. Only a moment later Hagrid's hut came into view but in the pumpkin patch where Buckbeak once was, now was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's the bird?" Eva asked the other.

"I think you'll find it's not a bird Eva, it's actually a mix of-

"REMUS, shut up!" Eva peered over at the older lady beside her, she could admire Lily's love for her son and couldn't help but wish she had gotten to experience it from her own mother.

"Okay look let's quickly devise a plan, we have the map. We know where Pettigrew is, Harry is a capable boy. Between the lot' of us we can take the rat on" Sirius told the group. Eva didn't like the idea of it all but they were the adults, what did she know?

The marauders were able to tell that Pettigrew was in the Shrieking shack and sure enough Harry's name was there too.

"Eva, Adam O'Donnell is a friend of yours?" Lily asked the brunette. Eva looked at the redhead clearly very confused.

"Yea one of my bestfriends, why?"

"We need to go now!" Lily exclaimed beginning to sprint, Eva sprinted alongside her. Her worst fear had been imagined.

"Pettigrew has taken Adam aswell hasn't he?" Eva asked. Lily didn't have time to answer but Eva knew and she felt physically sick, not only was Harry left alone defenceless so was Adam. So the group had to hurry.

When the five of them had arrived at the shrieking shack, they decided to split into groups.

"Okay Remus and Sirius you come with me, we'll take the back entrance" Lily told her two boys, she discreetly glanced at James.

"Eva you're coming with me!" James exclaimed. The two decided to take the front entrance. With wands at the ready, the two brunettes walked slowly inside the house standing side by side.

"woah this place is a dump" Eva whispered.

"It always has been, the decorator must of died" James replied amusedly. Eva was confused, she couldn't comprehend why he was so calm about this whole thing.