vii

Now Playing...

WANT YOU BACK - TRITONAL REMIX by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER and TRITONAL

Stars scattered the sky, crickets chirping outside your window. It was dark with or without your eyes closed. The nurses said you had broken one of your ribs and nose, which made sense, seeing as Dio threw you with the force of a thousand men. It hurt to breathe, but at least it was getting better. You opened the window, letting the cold wind hit your face. You shuddered, proceeded by a wince. A long bandage had been wrapped around your torso tightly over the pale pink nightgown given to you by the nurses. 

The door opened and you saw Speedwagon. He smiled, "I knew you would be awake."

You turned, "And for what reason?"

"For the reason being, we can visit Jojo's room together." 

You nodded. "Alright, I suppose that's a good enough reason as any." You struggled to walk because of your injury, but Speedwagon was kind enough to let you hold onto his arm for stability. 

"A talk with Jonathan will be just the right thing to cheer us both him and myself up," you said, walking down the hallway. 

When you reached his room, something was out of place. "(Y/N), look, a lamp is burning in there, yet it's the dead of night. He has no reason to be awake at this hour."

"Well, truth be told, my friend, we don't either. I'm sure it's nothing," you responded. You reached for the doorknob but stopped. Through the small opening, a woman was there, taking care of Jonathan. A young, gorgeous, blonde woman with a soft face. You let out a small gasp and when she looked up, you quickly moved away, your face red with embarrassment. 

"That woman's been taking care of him for a while now," you whispered. "I can tell from how red her fingers out. Best not disturb her."

Then the door opened and the woman looked at you two. 

"Oh," she said, "you're (Y/N), correct?"

You nodded. "Yes, I-I'm sorry to have interrupted." You quickly put your head down and began to walk away, but she put her gentle hand on your shoulder. 

"It's okay," she softly spoke. "Would you like to help?"

"Yes," you said, a sigh of relief escaping your lips. "Jonathan... means a lot to me." 

She smiled cheerfully with a small chuckle. "Don't worry, I know. I'm Erina Pendleton."

"(Y/N) (L/N)," you responded, "but you already knew that. Speaking of, how did you know?" 

You two entered the room, leaving Speedwagon in the hallway. 

"Jonathan seems to talk in his sleep," she answered, finding it humorous. "He's said your name quite often. It seems like something happened that caused him to worry for your safety."

Before you could get words to come out of your opened mouth, Jonathan awoke with a groan. You two gasped. 

"Good evening," she said softly. "You've been asleep for a while, but you should be fine."

"Are you the one who's been tending to my injuries?" he asked, mesmerized by her face. "I-I'm sorry, I must have gotten a nasty hit on the head because you remind me of a girl I used to know. Is... your name Erina Pendleton?"

Uncomfortable, feeling awkward, and a bit jealous, you stepped back a bit. 

She nodded her head. "It's been a long time, Jonathan Joestar."

He sat up, then looked at you. "Oh, (Y/N), my apologies, I hadn't realized you were here."

"There's no need for that," you said, putting a hand up. You were expressionless as to not show jealousy. "She's spent hours here caring for your burns while I sat in my room, add on to the fact it's been God knows how long since you've seen one another..." you sighed. "This was a mistake, I should be going now. Speedwagon is probably waiting for me and--"

"No, please stay, (Y/N)," Jonathan spoke. "I enjoy your company. Besides, it's not your fault you weren't here with Erina, your arm is burnt and your ribs and nose are broken; understandably, you didn't have the strength to leave until now."

A glance to see if Erina was okay with this, and you saw she had tears falling down her face. "All these years and you're still the boy I knew. Such a gentleman as always, Jojo."

≛✪≛

You were supposed to meet with Jonathan and your new friend, Erina, at the old Joestar manor after you and Jonathan's wounds were healed, but you were... caught up with something, to say the least. 

You dressed in a red dress with a cut in the middle revealing a silver pattern with black accents and black boots. On your neck with a chocker that had an aquamarine stone and gold border. On your head, you wore flowers braided into your hair, alone side some navy blue ribbon. YOu dressed nicely to show off for Jonathan, impress Erina, and feel great in something that wasn't hospital-issued clothing. 

You stepped one foot in an alley you thought would be a great shortcut to the destination, and you suddenly felt something onto your head. From the texture you felt clawing at it to remove it, it was probably a sack, but the tricky part was that you couldn't seem to get it off. 

"Hey, what's the big deal!?" you spat, reaching your arms out in the hope to feel someone nearby. "What's going on!?"

There was no one nearby you could feel, nor did you receive a response. Strangely, you were even able to pull the sack off. The worst was yet to come, as when you turned your head, a man you hadn't seen before hit you in the head with a blunt object and your world turned dark. 

≛✪≛

Jonathan looked up with glee to see his childhood love, Erina, but with no sight of (Y/N), he frowned once more. 

"What's wrong, Jojo?" she asked. 

"It's odd that (Y/N) hasn't shown up," he explained. "Did you see her on your way here by chance?"

She shook her head, a worried expression on her face. Jonathan's thoughts were filled with anxiety and fret. The one question he couldn't stop asking himself was simple:

"Is this the work of Dio once more?"

-end of chapter seven