Chapter 16

Luke's P.O.V.

The sun was setting as I paced down the street. She was still gone, still missing.

And it was all my fault.

I pushed her, I'm the one who broke her in the first place, and then I broke her again trying to patch it back together.

I bit my lip to stop the tears falling, determined to stay strong. After all, if Rose couldn't be strong, I had to be strong for her. It was then I spotted two people walking in my direction, one with bright hair and one who was Rose. I ran to her, throwing my arms around her as she clung to my shirt.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry" I said into her hair, rubbing her back whilst holding back my own tears.

"No, I'm sorry" she said with a shaky voice, before letting out a loud sob and starting to cry.

"Well, he's not mad" the girl smiled, patting Rose's shoulder.

"No, he's not" she said, letting go of me and wiping her tears.

"Hey Luke" she said and I nodded.

"Hey Melissa" I greeted, wrapping my arm around Rose's small shoulders and smiling as she leant into me.

"You guys know each other?" she asked quietly, and I laughed.

"Yeah, she's related to the idiot." I smirked as she slapped me.

"Can't help that, but he's alright really" she laughed, and I could sense Rose getting uncomfortable at the mention of Michael.

"Well, we better go. See you later Clifford" I said quickly.

"See ya Hemmings. Bye Rose" she said, turning around and walking off. I walked with Rose back towards her house, my arm tight around her shoulders as if I'd lose her again if I stopped touching her for even a second. I opened her front door, helping her tired body upstairs.

"Thank you" she whispered sleepily, leaning on me as I pulled out some pyjamas. I handed them to her, before realising she wasn't able to change with her tired state.

"I'm going to put you into your pyjamas, okay?" I asked and she just nodded, her hair falling into her face. I lightly pulled her top off, followed by her leggings. My eyes glanced over her cuts, burns and scars sadly. I quickly put her pyjamas on and lifted her into bed, watching with a smile as she instantly fell asleep.

I got in beside her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her closer. Her back to my chest, I fiddled with her hair tiredly, but I was too keyed up to sleep. I instead stared at her, still taken aback by her beauty.

"Stop staring at me" she whispered, startling me.

"Sorry, it's just you're beautiful" I said quietly, pressing a kiss to her cheek. She blushed dark pink, burying her face into the pillow.

"You don't believe me, do you" I sighed, and she shook her head, not looking at me as she rolled over to face the ceiling.

"Stand up" I said, and she did as I turned off the lights.

Rose's P.O.V.

"Rose?" he asked and I turned to where his voice came from in the pitch black.

"Yeah?" I said quietly.

"You're beautiful" he said and I let out a small laugh.

"You can't even see me" I pointed out.

"That's the point, I don't need to see you to know you're beautiful. I know you're beautiful inside, and most definitely outside too. You're kind, loving and generous. I don't need to see to know that. You're beautiful physically too, scars and all, and I wouldn't change a thing about you" he said, and I felt warm tears roll down my face softly.