Chapter 2: Golden

"If you want to see better things in life...you have to forgive."

Better
bet·ter
/ˈbedər/
adjective
2.
partly or fully recovered from illness, injury, or mental stress; less unwell.
••••••
3 days later-Monica's home
Monica Pov

After the conversation with my mom. Ive been keeping myself in the dark and distancing myself from others. I haven't been to work in about three days. Malcom and Shay have been calling and I haven't been picking up.

As I was about to go into deep thought once more and cuddle up in my blanket I heard my name being shouted throughout the house

"Monica Noelle McKoy I know your ass in this house! Your car has not left the drive way In three days!" Shay yells as I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs

"Get up!"She yells as she snatched the covers off me and opened my blinds

"Damn Shay! Close the blinds!" I yelled as I put my hands over my face to block the sun

"No! I have been calling you for the past three days, and I even came to your house multiple times. I couldn't find your spare, so I called a locksmith and he let me in!." She says as she crossed her arms "What is going on Mo! And don't say nothing because I have not seen you like this since Dallas."

I looked Shay in the eyes and burst into tears. She got beside me on the bed and grabbed my head with one hand while the other rubbed my back

"I'm so tired Shay! I'm so fucking tired!" I yelled while sobbing harder into her arms as she grabbed me a little tighter

"I know Monica baby! But you have to at least talk to me so I can help. Trust me I told you I forever got you. Talk to me...please."Shay says as she grabbed my face and wiped my tears off my face

"She came by my house last night Shay....my only place I have peace."

"Monica who is she?"

"My mother."

"Wait....what! How does she know where you stay!"

"I don't know. When I feel like I'm somewhat done running from my past its shit like this that happens that makes me wanna continue to run."

"You can't run forever. There comes a point in your life you have to take a break and rest. Otherwise you're gonna keep running until you can't run no more." Shay grabbed my hands and I looked at her "You have to know when to stop Mo. Isolating yourself from the people that care about you and going into a depression is not the way to go."

"That's all I know."

"That's because you hold so much in. And in the past that was a way you used to cope your feelings. You're a grown woman now Monica. You have to find another way!"

"I don't know another way Shay! I'm not like you! I can't find another way and I'll be okay.This is all I know....this is all I know."

"You choose to know only that way. We're in a time now we have many different options." Shay grabbed my face with one hand "Trust me baby I know that way too. And regardless of many different ways I found...I'm human I still hurt."