06

Jeongguk was blaming the soulmate bond for all the weird emotions he had been feeling towards you

Jeongguk was blaming the soulmate bond for all the weird emotions he had been feeling towards you. It wasn't love, he was sure of that. It was impossible to love someone he barely knew. Granted that he had been living with you for three months now, but it didn't change anything.

Deep down, he knew he still wanted to be with Red.

It wasn't like you were making things easier for him. Admittedly, Jeongguk felt like you were giving him more reasons to get annoyed at you.

Every morning, you would walk around the house wearing nothing but a loose white shirt. You weren't wearing a short—at least this was what Jeongguk thought. All he could see was your legs.

You also never failed to tell him you liked him. Frankly, Jeongguk was close to believing that you didn't mean it—that you were just fooling around.

You couldn't help it. It gave you so much pleasure just by watching Jeongguk get flustered. His pouty face was enough for you to forget the pressure of being a lawyer.

But sometimes, not even your soulmate's presence could help with the tension you were feeling.

Jeongguk silently put on top of your office table the banana milk and nurungji he prepared. You were engrossed with work, so he figured you needed to eat to maintain your energy.

"Huh." Your soulmate scoffed when you didn't even thank him for bringing you some snacks. His reaction caused you to finally tear your gaze away from your laptop though.

"Thanks, Gukkie." You gave him a flying kiss which made him roll his eyes.

You simply laughed at his reaction. You weren't hurt by his actions anymore, mainly because you realized that sometimes, you could be too much.

You just couldn't stop buying him things. Just last month, he was complaining about his "stupid lower back" as he liked to call it, because it was hurting so bad. He had been painting non-stop.

You then decided to buy him an easel and hired an interior designer to design his working area. Of course his workspace was near your office table. You felt at peace whenever Jeongguk was around. He didn't feel the same way though. You were an inconvenience—always trying to peek at his work in progress.

You were curious. You wanted to see what he was trying to draw. You observed that Jeongguk didn't like painting that much.

He would stare at his blank canvas for hours only to sigh and go back to his table. He would then bring out a sticky note and start scribbling.

You had never seen Jeongguk so happy while doing something. His eyes were literally glowing as his pencil hit that small paper.

You wondered who his muse was...

"What case are you working on?"

Your train of thoughts came into a halt when Jeongguk suddenly spoke. His question was so out of the blue that you couldn't help but crease your forehead.

Truthfully, he was curious too. You were just staring at the screen of your laptop as if you're in a deep thought. You didn't even notice your phone vibrating.