[part 2] Follow back

I walk into admin with Sykkuno and Jack, I stand next to wires to fake my task. I sabotage lights and pretend to run out of admin, making sure to get close enough to Sykkuno to see me next to him. I turn just out of Sykkuno vision and return to kill Jack, I vent out of admin into the hallway and pretend to do download with Poki and Corpse in navigation. Jason walks in to chart course and suddenly Corpse is dancing in front of me, I get the message and move closer to Poki as Corpse moves closer to Jason. We double kill and immediately vent into shields to fake a new task.

Finally Jack's body is found and the discussion begins. Sykkuno clears me for Jack's death and Corpse and I vouch for each other in shields since the other two bodies were not spotted and their location was unknown. With only 7 players left we all agree to skip and the game begins again.

After very nearly getting ejected atleast once Corpse and I were announced the winners. "Oh my god that was so stressful" I breathe out. "I was shaking. I hate getting imposter first round," Corpse chimes in among all the chatter. My ears are bombarded with many "gg"s and "well done"s. Suddenly my phone vibrates on the desk next to me, catching my attention and completely distracting me from the game. A dm from corpse.

I grab my phone and check my other notifications before reading the message from corpse. I had been following corpse for years now and he had just followed me back. A huge grin spreads across my face but I quickly wipe it off expecting questions from the viewers on the stream. I absentmindedly chime into the conversion about gamer bladder as I open Instagram to reply to corpse.

Corpse: well done! We make a great team. I'd love to get to you off stream if you don't mind:) you seem genuinely funny

Styx: Yeah! That double kill in nav was rad. I'd love to get to know you:) I love your music by the way. You really have a talent for lyrics.

Corpse: thank you. I'm probably only going to play a few rounds of among us, not really feeling the group interaction rn lmao

Styx: same. Okay my chat is getting curious of what im doing so I better focus on the game for now. Good luck

I turn my attention back to the game just in time to see that I got crewmate. After about 4 or 5 very long rounds of intense debate and some incredible moves by imposters I decide to call it a night. "I think that's me guys. Don't wanna fall asleep on stream hahah" I laugh awkwardly, desperately trying to leave as soon as possible. "Bye Styx!" Chimes the group. As I leave the discord I hear Corpses voice announce that he is also leaving. His voice is cut off mid sentence but still echos in my brain, effecting me more than I'd like it to. I quickly read a few superchats before ending the stream and stretching.

Exhausted from being social for more than and hour I collapse on my bed and stay there for a moment, only stirring when my phone buzzes next to me. Another message from corpse.

Corpse: you seems kinda desperate to leave that game. Are you okay?

Styx: no, not really
________________________________

Cliff hanger? Idk lol
Had a weird day so sorry if this doesn't make sense.
Pls correct me on any spelling or grammar mistakes and vote for this chapter and the pervious one if you are enjoying this:)

Have a nice day