[part 10] the first photo with Corpse

At some point Corpse had complained that he wanted to straighten his legs so now his legs are draped across my lap. With only 10 minutes left of the movie I had selected, Corpse is snoring softly, his head tilted slightly towards the tv and his arms crossed. I've paused the movie like he does when I fall asleep on our discord movie nights so now I'm scrolling Twitter, looking at my indirects and seeing a lot of fanart. One specific fanart looks incredibly similar to how Corpse and i are sitting right now but the roles are reversed, so I'm the one asleep and Corpse is pinned down by my legs.

I chuckle at the near perfect fanart. Then an idea crosses my mind. I take a screenshot of the tweet to find it again later then i close twitter and open my phones camera. I hold my phone far away from me, angling it to take a selfie of Corpse and I where you can see the position we're sitting in. Once I have the phones position correct I grab a pillow and hold it between Corpses face and the phone, making sure he can only be seen from the shoulders down. I grin and snap the photo, checking to make sure Corpse's face can't be seen in the photo. Perfect.

When he wakes up I'll ask him if I can reply to that fanart with the photo. I think the fans would go wild if they saw that, it might even cause more people to ship us but anything for a chuckle right?
I settle down again, going back to twitter to doom scroll until the man-blanket releases me. Twitter has become a mess recently, my indirects and directs are flooded with Storpse content, ranging from cute imagines and head-cannons to straight up porn, written and drawn. Corpse and i have agreed to not interact with any ship content without the others consent, im sure he'd find the photo as a reply to that fanart funny though so I know he'd say yes as long as his face is hidden.

Suddenly I'm pulled out of my Twitter doom scroll by Corpse stretching.
"Good morning" i grin, knowing it's now 2pm.
"Hi" he smiles, "how long was i out?"
"About 45 minutes"
"Oh shit, I'm so sorry!" He pulls his legs off my lap abruptly.
"Don't apologize! You need sleep" i reassure him, "i found some fanart that was basically exactly how you were sleeping but with the roles reversed! Can I reply to it with this photo?" I change the topic quickly. I show him the screenshot of the art and the photo I took.
He takes my phone gently, examining the photo I took closely. "I made sure your whole face was hidden but your hands are visible so it's obvious it's you" i explain, watching him look for reflections of his face in any surfaces.
He's silent. Weirdly silent. I'm not sure what he's thinking but it's worrying.

"I don't have to post it! I know it might fuel the shipping so if you say no that picture will never surface! Ever." I ramble, waiting for him to say something.
He turns to me, smiling wide, "post it, but caption it something like 'almost' or like 'so close' or make fun of me in some way so I can have an actually interesting reply."
I take back my phone and immediately open twitter to look for the tweet, i search the users handle and scroll their page until I find the tweet. I like it and go to reply, pausing when I have to type something to go along with the picture.
"What should I say?" I ask, anxious i fuck it up somehow.
"Uh i don't know. Say something like you're offended they assumed you'd be the one asleep"
"Vague. Thanks" i roll my eyes, i begin to type.

My reply reads 'do you all think I sleep all day? The truth is this man-blanket has had me pinned for 45 minutes. I have needed to piss for 20 minutes'
"What the fuck is a man-blanket?" Corpse laughs, looking over my shoulder at my phone.
"You're a man-blanket" i laugh, "i don't know! I just said it in my brain and it worked"
"Whatever, go piss girl" he says, still laughing.
I click reply, put my phone down and stand up. "Where's the bathroom?" I ask.
"Down the hall, second door on the left" Corpse replies, looking intently at his phone.
"Thank you" I practically skip down the hall.

I find the door and go to open it only to have the room across the hallway catch my eye. I assume it's Corpses room, based on the black walls, black silk sheets and red accents spread across the room. It's slightly messy, the sheets are crumpled and the side tables have small piles of clutter but the room looks cozy, very inviting and honestly looks better decorated than my room which is a grey mess.
I pry my eyes from his room and make my way into the bathroom.

I wash my hands once I've used the bathroom and check my appearance properly for the first time since I left to help Corpse this morning. My hair is falling out of its bun and onto my face and the remnants of my eyeliner from yesterday are still visible around my eyes. Shit, I look like a mess. I fix my hair but there's nothing I can do about the eyeliner now, I'll just have to pretend it was intentional.
I open the door, take a deep breath and walk back to Corpse in the living room. He's sitting forward, holding his phone in his hand.
"What are they saying?" I ask, referring to the replies to the picture.
"They're losing their minds" he laughs, "half of them don't believe it's me and the other half are analyzing every part of the photo."

I flop down right next to Corpse, looking at his phone with him. "Did you reply?" I ask.
"Yeah," he scrolls up and shows me his response.
'You do sleep all day. This is slander!' His reply read. I laugh, I think this photo is my favorite photo of Corpse but i also think I prefer to be able to see his face. It feels more special because only I get to see him, everyone else is left guessing and even more frustrated now that they know I've seen his face. I lower my head to rest on his shoulder, still looking through the replies with him. He leans his head against mine. This is perfect.