61- Fear for the future

Start from the beginning

||

Jungkook sat on Taehyung's bed with his head in his hands as Taehyung stepped into the room and closed the door yet again. "Is everything okay, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked softly as Jungkook looked up from his hands. "No," Jungkook answered honestly and shortly, rubbing his temples as Taehyung approached him cautiously. "What's wrong, Koo?" Taehyung asked as he eased himself down next to Jungkook on the bed.

Jungkook glanced at Taehyung and took his hand in his own, turning fully towards him. "Tae, baby, we're already getting married at such a young age. Why are your parents insisting that we start having children immediately, even before we get married? We won't even be married when Jisoo has that kid... Will we even be married before your surrogate starts having any of your children?" Jungkook asked nervously as Taehyung's eyes widened slightly. With his hand in Jungkook's grasp, he could feel the tension in the way Jungkook's fingers tightly clasped Taehyung's delicate hand. He realized Jungkook must be apprehensive as he paused to think for a moment.

"W- Well, I- I think it's because Papa wants to be a grandfather before he passes," Taehyung whispered, biting the inside of his cheek as he took Jungkook's other hand. Jungkook held both of Taehyung's hands tightly in his own, worried he would disappoint Taehyung with his anxiety. "What if I'm not a good father? What if, heaven forbid, one of them turns out like me? I- I don't know what I'm doing, Tae. I'm terrified," Jungkook admitted softly, his fingers trembling against Taehyung's smooth skin. "And I'm terrified I- I'll disappoint you with these fears," Jungkook whispered, averting his eyes as Taehyung's eyes widened even more.

Taehyung smiled softly as he tried to make Jungkook look him in the eye yet again, gently removing his hand from Jungkook's tight grip to turn Jungkook's head towards him. Taehyung offered a soft smile as Jungkook's shoulders slumped in defeat. "I'd think there was something wrong with you if you weren't the least bit frightened," Taehyung teased softly as Jungkook stared at Taehyung's gentle eyes. "I'm terrified too," Taehyung admitted quietly, brushing his thumb against Jungkook's cheek.

"I'm terrified I'm going to fuck this kid up," Taehyung added softly, laughing at his own fears. "I'm terrified that I'll fuck all of them up somehow, but I also want to have children some day. And I don't want to be too old when that happens... I want to grow up with my kids," Taehyung added, feeling the emotional sting behind his words. He knew he wouldn't be able to grow up with them for too long. Jungkook leaned into Taehyung's touch, sighing heavily as he listened. "I know you want to grow up with these kids, but we'll still be kids ourselves. Can't we wait until we're in our twenties to start thinking of having children? I already fucked up with Jisoo... I don't need more before I'm even eighteen," Jungkook commented softly, noticing the pain behind Taehyung's eyes.

"I don't know if my father will make it that long," Taehyung whispered, wondering if he'd even make it to that age. "That's why the company is being pushed onto me as soon as I'm eighteen. So that my father may enjoy what little life he has left with his grandchildren," Taehyung added as Jungkook sighed softly. He was just going to have to concede if he wanted to be with Taehyung because he knew Taehyung's parents were adamant about them having these children.

"Fine, fine. I'll try to be the best father that I can then," Jungkook noted as Taehyung smiled, leaning forward to kiss Jungkook. Jungkook didn't react to the kiss as Taehyung pulled back to look at him with hurt in his eyes. "Is this going to affect our relationship...?" Taehyung asked softly, trailing off as he felt hopeless about the situation. Jungkook ran his hand through his raven locks and shook his head with a soft, defeated sigh. "Of course not, baby. It's not like we're arguing over this or anything and even so, I wouldn't let it affect us to that point," Jungkook reassured, gently cupping Taehyung's cheek now.