25: Emilia

-Emilia-

Getting out of my car, I immediately rushed towards the front entrance of the mansion. I was surprised to see that there were no guards standing outside like they normally were. Opening the front doors, I closed them behind me as I began walking to my room. The sound of my heels clicking against the marble floor echoed throughout the mansion the whole time I made my way back to my bedroom. I opened my door, closing it behind me as I locked it.

I leaned my back against the door, a small exhale escaping my lips. Every time I blinked, all I could see was the evil look inside of Vincent's eyes before I watched him push that man off of the lounge. I didn't want to be there to stay for the rest of what he were about to do to that man. I couldn't watch whatever horrendous actions he were going to execute. I couldn't watch him be the monster that everyone plays him out to be.

Tossing my bag down on the floor, I kicked off my heels and pulled off my knee socks. My body was aching and all I wanted to do was just take a nice relaxing shower and a comforting nap.

Walking into my bathroom, I began to strip from my clothes as I pulled off my plaid skirt before untying the knot on my shirt. Turning on the hot water, I let it run for a while as I stripped from the rest of my undergarments and got inside.
-
After my shower, I wrapped my towel around my body to dry the water beads that had coated my skin. I let out a sigh, running my hand through my wet hair before I bent down, looking under my sink as I grabbed my skin care basket.

I stood back up, jolting in my position as I seen Vincent's reflection through the half-foggy mirror. He looked down at me, his jaw clenched and I held my hand over my chest.

"Jesus, you scared me." I whispered, setting my basket down on the counter as I squeezed past him to get into my bedroom. He followed directly behind me and I frowned.

"How did you get in here? I thought I locked the door." I questioned him, turning around a bit as I continued my way to my dresser.

"I have a spare key." He responded dryly.

"Why did you run off back at the club?" He asked me, his eyes burning into the back of my head as he watched me dig through my clothes.

"I wasn't feeling too good-"

"Bullshit." He cut me off, taking a step closer. I could feel his presence towering mine as his body warmth burned onto my exposed skin.

"Is it because of me? Is that why you ran off? Because you are afraid of me?" He asked. I frowned, turning around as I looked up at him, shaking my head no.

"I'm not going to sugar coat it Vince, you are scary but I'm not afraid you in particular. I'm afraid of the things you're capable of doing but I know you would never hurt me. I only ran off because I just don't like seeing you in that state. I don't like seeing you all murderous...Yes, it was terrifying to watch you push a man off of the lounge but I'm sure you had your reasons." I told him truthfully, giving him a small smile as I brushed past him.

I tossed my clothes onto my bed as I began drying my body and I turned around to see Vincent still standing there, a frown pulled over his features as if he were trying to solve the hardest puzzle in the world.

"Do you still love me?" He asked quietly, his eyes connecting with mine. I didn't even think twice before rushing over towards him, pulling him in for a hug.