Ending 1

The king saw Xingchen lying on the floor, blood covering his neck and chest. There was a gash on his neck and blood was pulsing from the wound.
Next to him was Xue Yang, who had a stabb wound on his chest. It was also pumping blood. Xue Yang had his fingers intertwined with Xingchen's and he hand a smile on his face. It was a double suicide.
The father fell to his knees and let a sob escape his mouth, "Xingchen...son..." he whispered.
The men behind him were shocked. They grew up with the young prince and trained with him practically all their lives. They all had tears in their eyes but never let them fall, they must stay strong for their king.
Footsteps came running from behind the row of men. Everybody but the king turned around, it was Song Lan, "I heard Prince Xingchen ran away, where is he?" He said.
Two or three men pointed to the king and the two dead lovers. Song Lan looked and his eyes widened, he slowly walked to the bodies and knelt down next to the king. He grabbed Xue Yang's wrist and felt around for a pulse but found none.
Song Lan grabbed Xingchen's wrist and checked as well, but there was no pulse. The two were dead.
He felt a tear fall from his eye when he heard the king wail and cry. "Xiao Xingchen..." he whispered, "I'm sorry."
The king beside him sobbed loudly, "Xingchen," he said between cries, "come back! I'll let you marry Xue Yang, just please come back."
Song Lan ignored the tears falling from his eyes and picked Xue Yang up bridal style, "We need to get their bodies out of the woods. There are animals here," he said, his voice was steady but his face said otherwise.
Xingchen's father nodded, "Yes, I'll take Xingchen," he said and picked Xingchen up. They walked with the men to the castle where they were met by the queen.
The woman saw the dead bodies and screamed. She fell to the ground and the maids rushed over to her, they watched in shock as Xingchen and Xue Yang's dead bodies were carried inside the castle.
Song Lan walked into Xingchen's room where all of the man's friends were gathered. He laid Xue Yang down on Xingchen's bed, "What happened?" Wei Ying asked.
"They are both dead," Song Lan said. Mingmei and Yanli gasped.
"Are you serious?" Mingmei asked, she saw the king walk in with Xingchen and covered her mouth. Yanli hugged Mingmei and made sure the woman didn't see the bodies.
Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying looked at each other on shock. Wei Ying asked, "How did they die?"
"Suicide," Song Lan said, "I'm guessing because they couldn't be together."
Wei Ying's eyes filled up with tears, he knew something would end up happening. He knew that someone would get hurt, he just didn't expect them to die.
Jiang Cheng held back his tears. He knew about the two men's love for each other since the very beginning, he saw the way they looked at each other.
Song Lan covered the two men with a white blanket, "We need to leave them with the king and queen."
"Yes," Yanli said, "come on Princess Mingmei." She helped the woman out and pulled Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng with her, she knew that the parents needed time with their son.
The king sat on the bed and looked at Xingchen's body, "I'm so sorry son. For everything."
"Me too," the queen said as she walked in, "I wish we could turn back time and let them get married. Maybe this wouldn't have happened."
"That's what I was thinking," the king said, "did I ever tell you about my past lover?"
"The one that died?"
"Yes. He and I were also asking to get married, but my parents simply killed him in front of me. As a punishment for loving men," the king said, "Xue Yang reminded me of him."
The woman nodded, "My poor son," she said sadly and kneeled on the floor, "he suffered so much because of us!"
"He did, but at least he's at peace with Xue Yang. They are happier and together," the man said smiling sadly, "I hope a-Qing is willing to become the next queen."
"She will, I'm sure she would like to continue Xingchen's role," the queen said.
"I hope so."