It Runs In the Family

Making a small lunch for you and Momo, you heard a familiar voice complain about random things. "I cannot believe that you left me to do the dishes as you went on a date!" Jackie exclaimed, dramatically plopping into a nearby seat. "Seriously, couldn't you have gotten a butler?" As he continued complaining about how you betrayed him, you chuckled and set the lunch into your bag. 

"Well, there was that time you ditched me last minute for a chance to do on a date. Then it turned out they cancelled last second, and you didn't check your phone like the idiot you are." You challenged, giving him a competitive gaze. 

He grinned and opened the bag, grabbing your sandwich and taking a bite. "Really? Last time I checked, you're ditching me now to go on a date that might go the same route." He responded, setting his feet onto the table. You clicked your tongue and went back to the counter, making another sandwich for yourself. 

"I know for a fact this won't go the same route. And it's not a date." You informed, moving your face away so he couldn't see your tinted cheeks. He stood and made his way over to you, seeing the blush from a mile away.

"Is that red I see?" He teased. You set your hand on his chest and gently pushed him, which he immediately responded with grabbing a wooden spoon and pointing it at you like it was a sword.

"I challenge you to a duel! If I win, I get to meet your date!" He exclaimed, pointing the spoon at your chest.

Your eyes glazed over with desire to win as you grabbed a plastic spatula. "And if I win?"

He smirked and gestured towards his phone that was sitting on the dining room table.

"Then you can take as many blackmail photos of me as you wish."

You chuckled which turned into a sly grin. "Deal."

So the two of you went, having a fight to the death to protect your social life. As the two of you battled, you could feel your adrenaline going through the roof, and it looked like your cousin was keeping it under control.

About to get hit by his makeshift sword, you briskly activated your quirk that enveloped you in a bulletproof bubble.

"I don't think that's quite fair, don't you think?" Jackie teased, activating his own quirk. A vine wrapped around the bubble, encasing you inside. You smirked and snapped your fingers, causing the bubble to pop, and Jackie's shocked expression was enough for you to strike.

You rushed forward and tackled him to the ground, putting his hands behind his back as you caught your breath. "Now, I say we should take those photos later." You said, helping the poor pansexual off the ground.

He chuckled and set the wooden spoon back onto the counter. "Well, I suppose you win. But I shall get my revenge, dear cousin of mine!"

The two of you shared a laugh, but yours immediately faded when you heard arguing coming from up the stairs, making Jackie sigh and pull out his wallet.

"Your parents have been fighting a lot, huh?" He assumed, searching for something. You nodded and opened your bag, taking out some notebooks and setting them onto the table.

"Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have told dad about the affair..." You mumbled, averting your eyes that were glazed with hesitation. Jackie rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"You did the right thing, it would've been a shame if he found out on his own. Besides, he kind of deserves it." He replied.

You gave him a curious look and set the final notebook onto the table. "About having to deal with my mom or finding out?"

He sighed and looked at you with a deadpan expression. "Both. Although, I guess it's how you look at it. For one, he's a good guy, I think. But then again, he did try to 'sell you off', as you put it. So, I think you got to figure that out yourself." He answered. A spark of enthusiasm crossed his features, before his hazel eyes turned glum.

"Maybe I was a little dramatic, but who does that to their own flesh and blood?" You retorted, rubbing a hand through your hair.
You stepped forward and squeezed his shoulder. "What's wrong?"

He sighed and unloaded his wallet onto the table, a lot of gum wrappers and loose change falling to the ground with a clang.

"Remember the last time we spoke to Cardella?" He asked out of the blue, his hazel eyes scanning a photo of the entire family smiling.

You bit your bottom lip and exhaled before answering. "Yeah, I think it was about a year ago. She sat us both down and told us that she was going to America for college." You sighed and sat down, playing with a strand of hair. "I wonder how's she's been. I can't remember the last time she called."

Jackie grinned and handed you the photo, holding up his own phone to show a series of text messages between the two.

Jackie at 1:53 pm: Haven't heard from you in awhile! How are you doing?

Cordella at 7:01 pm: Sorry I'm responding late! School has been living hell, ngl, but at least I can know my lil sis is being taken care of.

Jackie at 7:02 pm: Yeah, I heard she got a girlfriend!😌

Cordella at 7:02 pm: I'm sure she did. She's gorgeous, you know? She could win anyone she wants. Don't tell her I said that, she'll use it as blackmail.

Cordella at 7:02 pm: Btw, I should be joining you guys this year for that party or something like that we always host. I seriously cannot and will not remember what it is called.

Jackie at 7:04 pm: I'll tell Y/n, but you should go back to studying. Bye.

Cordella at 7:05 pm: Bye.

You stared at him with wide eyes and immediately jumped up from the chair, wrapping him in a tight embrace. "Thank you!" You cried, making him chuckled and return the embrace.