Spilling The Tea To Jackie

Arriving onto your street, Momo looked at you with surprise in her eyes. You couldn't blame her, it was the nicest neighborhood in Japan, although you didn't like it. Too many spoiled idiots lived on the same street as you, making you want to punch them every time you walked past. "You live here?" Momo questioned, like she was looking for confirmation. 

"Yep, why?" You questioned, grabbing your bag and dreading the homework that you were going to endure. 

"I live a block away!" Momo informed. You gave a small smile and handed Momo a melon soda. "Well, if we are going to study together, we should be friends. You seem better than the people my family makes me hang out with." Momo smiled, took the melon soda, and handed you a piece of paper.

"There is my number in case you ever need anything." She said. You nodded and took it into your palm.

"Same here. I'll shoot you a text." She nodded and drove away, leaving you in front of your home. Even if you could call it that, it was practically a place to sleep, eat, and do schoolwork.

About to speed dash into the kitchen, grab a snack, and go to your room. You felt two sets of eyes on you. Eyes that you didn't want to feel on you. 

"Y/n, we expected more of a L/n, you must be punctual." Your father said, his eyes glaring at you. 

"Yes dear, how else are you going to find a husband?" Your mother chimed in, her own gaze looking you up and down. You could handle your father, but not your mother. She had the whole family wrapped around her finger. Except for you and your cousin.

 "Sorry, but I'm afraid that I don't want to have a husband. A wife sounds better." You said knowing that it would irritate your parents, and it worked. 

"Y/n! You cannot represent the family like that!" Your mother yelled, fake tears filling her eyes. Sure, you felt guilty, but you were done with your family by this point. Maybe you could handle it tomorrow, but definitely not right now.

 "By the time I'm married, we won't be speaking anymore, mom." You said, storming to the kitchen to see your cousin reading a newspaper. 

"Wow, she's especially weird today." He said, setting the paper onto the counter. 

"Tell me about it. Why are you here, Jackie?" You questioned, cracking open a canned coffee. Jackie smirked and did a dramatic pose. 

"Well, dear cousin of mine, I must inform you I am staying the month with you!" You chuckled and tossed him a canned coffee, but like always, he didn't catch it. He held a terrified expression on his face as he leaned against the kitchen island for support, overreacting for the sake of comedy. "Oh no! My dear cousin is trying to murder me in cold blood! For I wonder why!" He exclaimed. 

Your laughter echoed throughout the house as you tried to compose yourself. Jackie smiled and wrapped an arm around your shoulder once you had calmed down. "I'm glad I could make you laugh, you helped me come out as pansexual." Jackie said. You gave a wide smile and made each of you a sandwich. 

"And I would do it again." Jackie took his sandwich and took a bite out of it, then holding a devious look on his face. 

"So, did you meet anyone? Boy, girl, or anything in between?" 

You shook your head and sat on the counter. Jackie looked disappointed as he heard that. "Well, I know for a fact that you are the complete opposite of a social butterfly, so it's to be expected." Jackie said. You hit him in the arm with a towel with a deadly glare in your eyes.

 "I can be a social butterfly as long as you talk to me first." You declared. Jackie rolled his eyes. 

"So, spill the tea, as Americans say, got a crush on anyone?" Jackie questioned. Momo came to your mind but dismissed it, you had only met her that day.

"Can't say I do." 

Jackie sighed and set down his sandwich, drinking another canned coffee. "Well, I can guarantee that I'm not allowing you to marry a rich douche that your parents might assign." He said.

 "You're the best, you know that?" You said. Jackie smirked and nodded, making you chuckle. Suddenly, Momo came to your mind again. 

"Actually, I met someone." You informed, starting the water in the sink to do dishes. Jackie perked up and listened carefully. 

"It wasn't anything remarkable. But she offered to help me with grades and stuff like that. She even gave me a ride." You informed. Jackie smiled once more and spoke. 

"I'm happy for you! She seems nice and can introduce you to more people." He said, tossing the can into the garbage You gave him a tired smile and grabbed your schoolbag, prepared to head upstairs and collapse into dreamland.

"I'm heading to bed." You informed. Jackie waved as he was too invested in his phone to respond, which was to be expected. You walked up the stairs to see seemingliy countless framed photos of your family, some from public events while others were from private trips from around the world. Personally, you couldn't care about the trips. Sure, visiting all around the world is something that many people want to do when they retire, including you, but you were exhausted from doing everything for the image of the family since it was known intenationally. And you didn't have any siblings, leaving all the responsibility on you. Even when on vacation your family wanted you to be under their grip.

Entering your darkly colored room, you set your bag down and immediately collapsed face first in the bed, but even after a hour you couldn't fall asleep. Sighing, you got on your phone and looked at memes for the next hour or so, before falling asleep to heavy metal blasting in your ears.