Meeting Of An Agreement

It was the end of class for the day and you were sitting in the classroom alone thinking about everything, how you didn't have many friends other than Kaminari, Aoyama, and Todoroki, how your grades were rapidly declining, and how you just wanted to leave the prestigious lifestyle. You appreciated the life that your parents were providing you, but it came with so many expectations and sometimes stereotypes to fill, which one could imagine being stressful for a sixteen-year-old.

You sighed and ran your fingers through your hair, more thoughts and questions about the future rushing to your head. "I need sleep...." You groaned, laying your face in your palms and hoping to just escape the stress of everyday life for only a few minutes, instead, the door to the classroom opened to reveal All Might with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Young L/n, what's the issue?" He questioned. 

"Nothing, I'm fine. Thanks for the concern." You responded with a groggy smile. 

He didn't believe it, and why would he? You hadn't slept in almost a week for unknown reasons, most likely insomnia and stress. All Might kneeled in front of you and gave a reassuring smile. "Well, I respect your privacy, but I can't read minds." He said. You avoided his eye before responding.

"Just worrying about grades, that's all." 

He gave his iconic smile and stood up fully. "Well, I believe in you. You're going places." He encouraged before leaving, once again leaving you alone. You slightly smiled to yourself before drinking a can of canned coffee and finally deciding to leave. The unease in your stomach grew as you heard frantic footsteps coming from behind you, so you sped up your pace. You knew that there was nothing to be afraid of. The school had installed several safety precautions after the attacks from the LOV, but anxiety was washing over you like waves. Being so lost in your thoughts, you startled when you felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Eek!" You exclaimed from shock, immediately dropping your books to the ground and spilling your apple juice onto the tiled floor, and almost falling face first into the ground.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you!" The feminine voice from behind you said, helping you pick up the books from the ground. Once you came to your senses, you looked behind you to see a classmate of yours, Momo Yaoyorozu. The two of you had talked little, mainly because there was never the need to. She gave a slightly awkward smile, but seemed excited to talk to you, which surprised you. 

"You're L/n, right?" She questioned before continuing.

"Yeah, Yaoyorozu?" You asked for confirmation since you had a hard time remembering names. She nodded and handed you a paper towel to clean up the spilled apple juice. "Thanks..." You said before squatting and cleaning up the liquid.

"So, the reason I wanted to talk to you was because of an offer I had." The raven haired female informed. You stood up properly and looked at her with questioning in your eyes. 

"Why me? I'm practically average." You said, tossing the empty apple juice bottle into a nearby garbage can.

"Maybe, but I want to help you improve!" She said. You raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Not even your parents cared enough to help you. Sure, she seemed nice, but what if she had ulterior motives? All you knew about her was that she was rich, pretty, and had a creation quirk. "I don't see how you can help me with anything, necessarily, but thanks for the offer." You said, beginning to walk away. 

"I want to help you improve your grades." Yoayorozu informed. You stopped in your tracks and debated whether to take the offer. What did you have to lose? You took a deep breath and turned around. .

"Thank you, that would be appreciated greatly." You said. Stars lit up in Momo's eyes as she mumbled study plans. You chuckled and stuck out her hand for her to shake. "I'm not all that formal. Call me Y/n. " You said. Momo smiled and shook your hand.

"Then call me Momo." 

You nodded, and the two of you walked to the nearest vending machine. "What do you want?" You questioned, pulling out your wallet that was the shape of your favorite Pokemon. She startled and looked confused. Which confused you. "Are you okay?" You questioned.

"Yeah, I was just expecting to pay!" She said. You nodded but put the money into the slot.

"Well, when you're with me, I feel it necessary to pay. So don't worry about it. Now, what do you want?" Momo looked at the vending machine for about a minute before answering.

"An apple juice, please." 

You pressed the buttons and handed her the apple juice while you got a melon soda. "Thank you," Momo said, taking a sip of her drink.

"Anytime." You responded. For the next ten minutes, the two of you walked in comfortable silence, both of you doing your own thing. Until a question came to your head: How did she know that you were failing? 

"Can I ask a question?" You asked. Momo nodded. "How did you know that I was failing? Are you a spy?" You questioned jokingly. Momo laughed for a good twenty seconds before responding.

"No, but that would be cool. I looked at the grade sheet, which was posted outside of the class. Did you not notice it?"

"Most likely not, I can barely see my way out of bed without falling out and almost snapping my neck." You joked. Momo giggled and smiled.

"You know, you're pretty funny. You should introduce yourself to some other classmates, unless you haven't already." Momo suggested. You thought about it for a minute before shaking your head. "I don't want to pressure you, but I have some friends that I can introduce you to." She continued. 

You debated over it internally before slowly nodding. It would be nice to make some friends other than the ones from middle school who were becoming snobs. "That would be great." You said, providing a faint smile. Momo nodded and paid attention to her phone, which you didn't really care about. Whatever was going on was her business. As the two of you walked outside of the school, there was a limo sitting outside. Assuming it was for Momo, you tapped her shoulder. "There is your ride. See you later." You said, about to leave until Momo's hand was once again on your shoulder.

"Want a ride?" She offered. You thought about it for a good three seconds before nodding. You could easily protect yourself if anything was shady.

"Yeah, thank you." The car moved past businesses and civilians on the street, some paying no mind while others watched until you left their line of sight. Fiddling with your phone in your lap, your anxiety was slowly declining. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed!