Food Brings People Together

Stepping into your home, Jackie confronted you by shaking your shoulders frantically. "Y/n! You're finally here! I thought I was going to die!" He yelled. 

"Why would you die?" You questioned, setting your bag onto the ground next to you. 

"Your mother is waiting for you upstairs." He informed before running to his temporary room. Sighing, you gradually walked up the stairs into your father's office, close to punching whoever was interrupting your day other than your parents. 

Stepping in, you saw a blonde guy who screamed idiot, his parents, and your own parents, along with your aunt. "So, why am I here?" You questioned. Your mother held an enormous smile on her face, tightly setting her hand on your shoulder. As the group stared at you, your tolerance was settling. Maybe this wouldn't be that bad.

BOY WERE YOU WRONG

"So, can I go now? I have no time for peasants." The boy said, the bothered look on his face slowly turning to anger. His mother grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him to face you. 

"Arden, meet Y/n. Your future fiance." Before you could process what was going on, they pushed him towards you, making you jump in surprise, meaning that your quirk was accidentally activated. A bubble stopped him from falling, but that meant he was now laying face first on it. 

"My son!" His mother exclaimed, immediately pulling her son off the bubble, which still didn't pop.

"I think it's time for us to leave." His father frantically spoke as he packed up a contract and shoving it into his briefcase, making you more angry as soon as they left the room. You turned to your parents with betrayal in your eyes.

"You were going to trade me off?!" You questioned in anger. What the hell was going through your parents' heads? They remained silent as they looked down in shame. "And I wonder why Cardella wanted to study abroad, to get away from you psychos!" You screamed, soon having tears from frustration streaming down your face. "We're done! I hate you!" You exclaimed before leaving and slamming the door, soon sliding down to the ground sobbing.

Ever since your sister had gone abroad to study in London, your parents had gotten worse, but this was low. As a million thoughts raced through your head, you felt arms around you and soft, comforting words being whispered to ease your pain. A familiar voice spoke comforting words to you. After wiping your tears from your face, you saw Momo kneeling with a soft expression. Your eyes widened in shock, and you immediately pulled away, "Sorry, was that unwanted?" She questioned, slowly backing away.

You gulped and took a couple breaths before gradually shaking your head. "No, thank you. I'm sorry you had to see me like that. If you don't want to be friends anymore, I understand." Momo giggled, pulled you up from the floor, and hugged you.

 "Yeah, no. You deserve a good life, and I would go cuss out your parents, but I'm inviting you to study with me at my home in hopes to cheer you up!" She informed. 

You eventually hugged her back and mumbled incoherently on her shoulder. You had to admit; it made you feel better. You had grown up to believe that crying was something that little kids did, but there was something about that hug that made it seem like it would go away. Calming down, you pulled away and had red eyes, but a wide smile. "I know it seems weird, but thanks, I didn't know hugs would help so much." You said. Momo gave a soft expression and wiped some stray tears. 

"No, it's not weird." 

The two of you got up from the ground and walked to the car that was waiting for Momo. That was until Momo got an idea. "Want to grab something to eat? My treat." You considered it before nodding.

 "Sounds great, but we should split the bill." You suggested. She nodded, opened the car door for you, and the two of you headed to your favorite restaurants, which made Momo have stars in her eyes. 

"This is your favorite restaurant?" She questioned. You looked at the familiar building, sure it wasn't anything fancy, but they had wonderful food and relatively cheap prices. "Yeah, do you have a problem with it?" You asked, ready to pull out your GPS to find a fancier restaurant. 

Feeling a hand on your own, you looked to see Momo shaking her head frantically. "No! This place seems....nice, in a weirdly homey way." She said. You gave a small smile and led her inside, where the regulars chatted away with friends, or just sat by the window as they ate their meal. 

"Y/n! How are you doing?" A chef questioned, already serving up your favorite meal. 

"I'm doing well, you?" 

The chef chuckled and handed you the plate, taking notice of Momo. "What can I get for you?" He questioned. Momo looked at the menu before pointing to the Donburi. The chef smiled and pointed to a table in the corner. "Sorry that I interrupted your question, Y/n. I've been doing well. More business than usual thanks to you!" Momo smiled but looked at you with curiosity. 

"What does that mean, exactly?" She asked. 

"Y/n recommended some people here to eat, some of them coming from rich families, meaning that word got around and we have more business!" He exclaimed. You fake coughed into your fist and rubbed the back of your neck. 

"Well, I have done little." You mumbled. Momo gave a small smile and grabbed her food and led you to the table near the corner. You had a smile on your face as you ate the meal. It always seemed to hit the right spot. And it seemed Momo enjoyed her meal as well. She was practically swooning. "You're fun to hang out with." You said. Momo gave a smile with her eyes as the two of you two continued to eat and chat until the late evening.