Chapter 28

Amy drags the lipstick tip across her plump lips. Making them scarlet red. The color matching her dress. The pink hedgehog was wearing an off shoulder dress, the skirt being what some consider to be slutty. The dress showed off her curves. Her chest being pushed upward a little bit. This dress wasn't hers unfortunately; Rouge had came over to offer her friend some dresses. Amy didn't have any suitable nightclub dresses, so she asked Rouge if she could borrow one. It took 2 hours until Amy found one to fit her and one that she liked. Amy finishes her makeup, before standing up to put on her black high heels. She grabs her bag (having the custom pink Glock 42 inside that Shadow gave her). Taking a quick glance at the mirror, before walking downstairs to meet up with the hedgehog she loves. Once she was at the end of the stairs, she saw Shadow in all of his glory. He wore a black suit, his suit jacket unbuttoned to show his blood tie, his pants were pulled up by a golden belt. Which had gun holster belt for two guns on each side. Scourge had on a similar outfit; but his suit was a dark green and his white shirt wasn't fully tucked in. His clothing was more of a messier version than Shadow's.

Shadow guides Amy to their limo, it surprised her by how the car managed to get through the woods. The three hedgehogs enter the back; Shadow and Amy sat together whilst Scourge was across from them. Upon entering the limo, Scourge immediately grabbed the bottle of champagne. Chugging it straight from the bottle. Shadow knocks on the window, indicating for the driver to go to The Slash Club. During the drive, Amy decides to strike up a conversation. "So, what is Mephiles like with you guys?" Obviously, she knew Mephiles was a notorious criminal in the city. But he didn't have much of an personality. Especially with that weird face of his. You'll never know how he's feeling from just looking at him. "A real jackass." Scourge answers first, before he continues to drink. "He isn't much of a professional when he's upset. Mephiles can be very expressive when he is angry. A part from that, he is mostly a quiet client of ours. His minions usually do the talking for him." Shadow explains, all the while staring out of the window. Watching as they drive into the more raunchy and dark parts of the city. They were getting closer. "Oh." Amy wasn't fully sure on how to react to that answer. "Anyway, will it be alright if I can dance for a while before joining in on the meeting?" "Of course. I'd advice you to bring drinks over when you join. It's so the other criminals won't get weirded out by someone suddenly joining in." Amy nods, letting it go back to silence.

It didn't take long until they made it to the club. They enter from the front, skipping the giant line. Once they enter, music was blasting from the DJ's speakers, As lights flashed around the whole area. Amy was eager to get on the dance floor with everyone else. She missed this feeling. The feeling of letting the music take over her body. Having zero cares in the world. It made her feel so alive. The three hedgehogs go upstairs; into the VIP section. There was another dance floor but it wasn't as big as the one down below. "He's already here." Scourge points to the left corner of the room. There sat Mephiles. Around a glass table with some of his thugs and some women. Two girls that Shadow recognized to be dancers that worked here. Shadow sighs, mentally preparing himself for a mouthful from Mephiles. "Amy, you go do whatever you want for the first 10 minuets. The start of my meetings are boring." The pink hedgehog nods, before joining the crowd on the dance floor. 

Scourge and Shadow sit across from their client. Who quickly notices them. Mephiles drops his drink before leaning forward in his seat. "Well, I'm somewhat disappointed Shadow." Neither of the two hedgehogs respond. Shadow only clicks his fingers at a waiter, who already know what he's ordering. "I needed my packages on Wednesday. Yet none of them have came; where are they?" His tone was calm, but Shadow knew Mephiles was mad. "Like I've said at the meeting, there's been some trouble with delivering them. You know the police have been patrolling more." Shadow answers, as he takes his Manhattan cocktail from the waiter. Scourge wasn't paying as much attention as he should be. He was too busy texting his girlfriend. "But, we promise to give the packages around 1 PM. We'll even add in some extra." He suggests, hoping it would please the other hedgehog enough. Mephiles takes a moment, his eyes wander the room as he thinks. His eyes abruptly stop when he sees a pink hedgehog: she was on the dance floor, wearing a short scarlet dress and a pair of black high heels, her hair dropping to her shoulders. She definitely hasn't been in here before; Mephiles would've noticed her from day one.

Mephiles watches her walk to the bar, this can be a chance to chat her up. He stands up "I'll be right back." He leaves the small area before anyone could ask why. Mephiles made his way through the crowd, going to the bar. She had just ordered her drinks when Mephiles sat beside her. "Hey beautiful." Amy twists to her left, surprised by that deep voice. Her eyes land on the dark hedgehog. Who was somewhat similar to Shadow, apart from having no mouth and change in fur color. "Um, hi? You need something?" There was a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Just your name, and your number." Amy faintly blushes from this hedgehog's flirting. But it doesn't change her opinion of him. "I ain't giving you the 2nd part of that sentence; My name's Amy, Amy Rose. What about you?" Mephiles leans closer to her. "Mephiles sweetheart. The most devious crime boss of this century." He lets out a small laugh. Amy's heard about him, everyone in the city has. Most known for being a ruthless killer and successful bank robber who's never caught. She knows it'll be a bad idea to get on his bad side, so she will try and be nice to him.

"I know, I've heard all about you on the news." "Who hasn't?" He jokes, raising an eyebrow. Luckily, the drinks came along and Amy quickly pays for them. She grabs a hold of the tray and turns away from the bar, " Yeah, well see ya!" She turns and walks through the crowd. Mephiles follows, not losing sight of her for even a second. Mephiles eyes widen upon watching where she sits; right next to Shadow. His arms wrapping around her waist, to which she responds with a smile. Mephiles couldn't stop his twitch of envy; how could someone lower than him in the crime world get someone as beautiful as Amy? Like fuck he'd lose a girl like Amy to someone like Shadow. 

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry about not updating this story much, it's mostly because I don't know how to progress to the end I have planned for this. Writing is hard :( But I'll try to do as much as I can on this without making it seemed rushed.)